Chapter Seventeen

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE! SUMMER IS ACTUALLY BUSIER THAN I THOUGHT, BUT I THINK UPDATES ARE GOING TO START COMING A LOT FASTER. OH, AND THE EXTREMELY WONDERFUL @ELLATHESHADOWHUNTER MADE ME A NEW COVER! LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE NEW COVER! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!!! 

Sigyn giggled as she watched the kitten roll around beside her. Now that the baby was violently kicking in her stomach, she was confined to her bed, with Frigga usually staying by her side. Sigyn was always grateful when night came around, for it made Frigga leave and allowed for Loki to change back to his true self. Those clandestine moments with him always felt so special. It almost reminded her of the old days, back when they kept their passionate and forbidden feelings hidden. She almost felt like a servant again, except for the fact that she wore extravagant clothes and did not have to clean Loki's quarters.

She still wished that Loki could spend all day with her. Even though he was right beside her, she could not fully enjoy his comfort. Sigyn did not know what would happen when she actually had to give birth. He had to stay as a kitten, and he would be no doubt kicked out the bedroom. At least the kitten spent most of the day sitting on her gigantic pregnant belly. Sigyn thought that after a while, the baby felt the kitten's presence, for the baby would stop violently kicking when the kitten sat on it. The kitten purred with so much love that it almost made Sigyn burst into tears. If only Loki could show himself to everyone. Her pregnancy would be a lot easier if he was there with her, not as a kitten but as himself.

"When can you really come back?" Sigyn wondered one night.

Loki sighed and looked down at her. Even in the darkness she could see the guilt and sadness in his beautiful eyes. "I am not sure, Sigyn. I cannot just walk into Asgard."

"Are you even coming back?" Sigyn somberly asked. "Do you even want to come back, Loki?"

His thumb delicately rubbed her cheeks. "Of course I do, Sigyn darling."

"But you cannot," she pouted.

"It is not time for me to return yet, Sigyn," he replied.

"When is it time?"

"I do not exactly know," he softly whispered, "there is something on Earth I want to do first."

"Heavens, Loki," she muttered, "why are you and Thor so obsessed with Earth?"

"Well, Odin and Thor will try to lock me up anyway," Loki mischievously began, "so I might as well stir up some trouble before I return." He seemed like his old self once again. Oh, Sigyn missed that smirk of his so much. Ever since he discovered his true roots, he stopped his mischievous ways. She knew she had to support his desire for fun, but she had to draw the line somewhere. She was about to give birth, for heavens sake!

"Fine," she sighed, "but you better leave after this child is born. I am not having you run off without seeing your damn child first."

"Oh, I love you so much, Sigyn darling," he kissed her.

She grumbled and snuggled against his warmth and comfort. "You better love me, Loki. It seems like I am the only one who still does."

Loki's smile vanished in a flash. Sigyn knew how his family felt about him, especially now that they thought he was dead. Deep down, they really did miss him, but they were mostly relieved he was gone. Loki had become a problem child, one too dangerous for them to embrace. They were definitely not going to be pleased when they found out he was truly alive.

**************************************************************************

Oh, it all hurt so much. Sigyn cried out every time she felt her body tighten up, and she wearily looked down at the kitten every time. If only Loki could hold her close to him, lovingly mumbling sweet words of encouragement as she sat there in pain. Frigga and the mid-wife were beside her instead, urging her to stay strong. Sigyn broke down in a fit of tears as the pain went to her head. It was so difficult to stay strong, especially since Loki was not there to comfort her. She needed him there with her. That night, once the baby was born and she was left alone in the bedroom, she was going to be so upset with him. Even though she was blinded by her annoyance and rage, she could already see how guilty Loki would be. Maybe that could convince him to properly return to Asgard, instead of cowardly hiding as a kitten.