Chapter Thirteen.

Harry's POV.

I had probably checked myself over in the mirror at least ten times. I never cared about what I looked like, so I couldn't fathom why I gave a shit now. Lily did this to me. Thoughts of the brown haired girl had clouded my thoughts and I couldn't tell if the thought of seeing her again excited me or just made me anxious.

I kept glancing at the clock, waiting until it seemed a reasonable time to leave. When the clock hit eight, I was out the door. I hoped she wouldn't mind that I would be arriving almost a half an hour early, but something pushed me out of the door before I could even get a grip on my thoughts.

I realized I was smiling as I drove out of the parking lot. Smiling was such a rarity for me. Sure I forced a lot of smiles, but this was a genuine one. It was one that couldn't be controlled.

My phone began to buzz in the seat beside me. My smile faded when I saw who was calling.

"Harry- hi son," Anne said through the line, the fake excited voice she always used when talking to me was clearly evident and I fought the urge to hang up on her before she could ruin my night.

"What do you want Anne?" I asked, agitation already heavily flowing through me.

"Harold, that is no way to talk to your mum." I rolled my eyes at her use of the word 'mum'. She wasn't mum to me, she was Anne and she knew that.

"What is it?" I asked impatiently.

"I only rang to tell you that i miss you," Her voice was quieter now, annoyingly soft as it echoed through my brain. Now she missed me? Where was she when I was thirteen?

When I didn't say anything, she took it upon herself to keep the conversation going. "Are you doing anything tonight? Robin and I would love it if-"

"I'm going out with a friend," I cut her off, causing her to sigh heavily.

"Who?" She asked innocently. I had hoped that maybe she would have just assumed it was one of the guys, now I had to tell her.

"Lily." I didn't expect Anne to know who she was by the first name alone.

"Lily? The girl from the station?" She sounded bitter, almost as if she couldn't believe I was choosing Lily over her.

"Yeah, the girl from the station," I mumbled into the phone. I was only a few minutes away from her house now.

"Harry, I don't think that's the greatest idea. I talk to her whenver I call up to check on you and She's far too- far too innocent and definitely not your type. You'll corrupt her and she just has too much going for her," she was back to her normal, quiet voice.

"I don't fucking care what you think, Anne," I barked. I hit the end button on the phone and quickly scrolled through my contacts to find Lily's number. I was now in front of her house, fuming and about three seconds away from punching something.

I couldn't believe Anne had been checking up on me, almost as if she just knew that I was destined to screw up. Before I pressed the call button, I tried my hardest to calm myself down. My night was already fucked, I didn't want to ruin Lily's as well.

The phone rang three times before I heard any sort of life on the other line. "Lillian," I said, taking all my frustration out on my fingers as they drummed into the steering wheel.

"Harry-hi," she hiccuped- at least I think it was a hiccup? She cleared her throat. "What's wrong?"

Had she been able to tell something was wrong just by the tone of my voice? Should I tell her what was wrong? I decided against it in the end, better just to keep my feelings to myself.