Chapter Five.

Liam's family had a big white house that was literally in the middle of nowhere. You had to drive twenty minutes out of city limits to reach his property and you spent another twenty minutes just trying to get past it. To say Liam's house was huge would be an understatement. it was an actual mansion. The property around his house, though, was bigger. He had about eight acres of land. Most of the land was trees and his huge house, but The size of the land and the house made for some pretty kick ass parties.

Even though we were underage, Liam bought alcohol using his fake ID. I was the only one in the group who didn't have one. I didn't want one. Why would I? They could just buy stuff for me and deliver it. When I asked, they always pulled through. Whether it was loyalty or the fear of getting their asses kicked, I'll never know.

The house had a big iron gate that was always kept closed when Liam's parents were home. When they were gone (which was often because his father was a sports agent and his mother owned her own clothing line) the gates stayed open. Hundreds of people parked their cars in the catalog style front yard after driving up the long, winding path that led to his home. The boys and I always had spots reserved towards the front.

"One of the many perks of becoming friends with a rich asshole," Niall laughed as he climbed out of the back of Ashton's truck. Niall was just as annoying as Zayn. He wasn't whiny, he was just loud. You always heard him before you saw him.

Zayn punched Niall's arm as they made their way to the wrap around deck that the Payne family called their front porch. I was grateful I drove myself, so I wouldn't have to deal with taking either of their asses home.

"They really have you working all summer, Styles?" Ashton asked, throwing his cigarette onto the perfect lawn.

We were dressed similar, we always were. We both enjoyed the same bands and preferred boots over high-tops. He had even started wearing a bandana to push his hair back. I had been doing the same thing since sophomore year.

"I'll be busting my ass until August," I answered. A small blonde rushed off of the porch as soon as she saw us coming. She carried two beers and handed them to us. She was pretty cute, but not cute enough to end the night with. I had to explore my options.

"Thanks Alyssa," he said. She smiled at him and twirled her hair around. Girls always acted stupid around Ashton. He didn't sleep around and he hadn't been in any relationships since I met him, so they looked stupid for no reason at all. Alyssa returned to her spot on the porch. She watched Ashton as we made our way to the front door. She seemed too innocent for a guy like Ashton. She was small and blonde and had perfect teeth. He was tall and had messy hair and tattoos.

"Bro, no! That's an unfair call!" I heard Niall shout. I hadn't even been in the house five seconds and I already heard his annoying ass. I just needed to find the alcohol and a hot girl. That's the only thing you really need in life.

I followed Ashton into the living room. Liam, Niall, and Zayn were all sitting on the couch. Liam and Niall had just started a game of FIFA, and Zayn was already talking with a girl. He had his hand on her thigh and she kept laughing at whatever he was saying. She was obviously buzzed, no one is that giggly when they're sober.

The Killers blared through the speakers that were mounted to the wall. Liam might have been an asshole, but he had a pretty good music taste.

"I did not make the rules. I'm just better than you," Liam slurred. He was buzzed, too. He bent down to take a sip of what I assumed to be beer, but when he picked it up I saw it was a half bottle of straight whiskey.

"Give me that," I demanded, snatching the bottle out of Liam's hands. I perched myself onto the back of the couch and cradled the bottle in my hands. I took a swig, the familiar burn of the drink made it's way down my throat and into my stomach, tempting me to keep drinking. I drank more and more, the liquid completely warming my body.