Chapter 5

H’s POV:

                I kissed her. I just couldn’t keep it in anymore. When she came into that Chipotle for the first time in forever, my emotions went wild. It was three years, three whole years since I saw her and it was as if it was only yesterday. She had to feel the same way right? She wouldn’t just come back to Chicago for some odd reason, it had to do something with me. Right? And while we were kissing, she was kissing me back. I couldn’t have been imagining that, could I? As I pulled away, I felt something wet on my cheeks. It wasn’t my tears, but Emma’s.

“Emma what’s wrong.” I said and whipped the tears away from her cheeks.

“I didn’t want this to happen.” She said looking down.

“Didn’t want what? That kiss?” I said

“No, us.” She said and I was confused. “Look H, we had our turn. And we lost, it didn’t work out.”

“We didn’t lose, it did work out.” I said taking her hands into mine. “It’s just that life got in the way, there was a little bump in the road, but now you are back.”

“I’m only here for another week. I didn’t come back for you.” She said and those words stung.

“Well you are here now. And I kissed you, and you kissed me back.” I said defiantly. “What are you going to do about it?”

She sighed and looked away. “I’m going to tell you to go back to Eleanor and continue as if I hadn’t come back and that kiss didn’t happen.”

“Can’t you see that I don’t care about Eleanor?!” I yelled as I stood up. “I was trying to get over you! And I fooled myself into thinking I could but I can’t! I want you! Ever since I grabbed you grabbed my hand and we ran away from the rain in park after that failed picnic, all I ever wanted was you!” She didn’t say anything back to me so I sat back down and put my head in my hands.

Emma still stayed there sitting on the couch just staring at me until she finally started to talk. “You know before I met you at Chipotle, back when I was only a subscriber, I fell in love with the man behind the screen. I didn’t know what you looked like, but I was in love with your personality; which as you know is a big factor in attraction for me. But I always told myself it wasn’t love because I didn’t actually know you. And even as I stayed up a bit too late watching your streams, watching your videos and listening to your voice as I fell asleep and also talking to you late at night back when you used to go on the public Teamspeak, even though I had a test the next day. And as I actually met you and grew to know you, my feelings never had to change because I was always in love with you.”

When I took my head out of my hands to look at her, she had already come over to me and pulled me into a kiss. Pulling away from the kiss, I pulled her into a deep hug.

As we embraced, I whispered into her ear, “What can I do to make you stay?”

“Two things.” She whispered back.

“Anything.” I whispered back smiling.

“First, tell me you love me-“

“I love you.” I said interrupting her, earning a smile from her.

“-and second, you need to do something about Eleanor.” She said with a frown.

I pulled away and got down on my right knee and kissed her hand. “Anything for you my love.”

She laughed and I pulled her down onto my knee and into a kiss. “I don’t want to lose you again.”

“I don’t want you to lose me either.” She said and I smiled as we kissed again.