Chapter 1

Emma’s POV:

                It was about 3 years later since I said goodbye to H at the airport for the last time. I had moved on with my life and I assumed that he moved on with his. He finally started to do videos again after about 3 months after he stopped uploading. I watched when I had some free time, but for the most part I had grown up from watching Minecraft videos on YouTube. After I graduated college, I stayed in Maryland and got a job at an environmental policy agency and it usually required a lot of traveling, which I was perfectly happy with. I had been all around the US and even went to Canada and England. I was due for traveling soon, so I was not too shocked when I was called into a meeting with my boss at work. I walked into my boss’s office and took a seat in front of him.

“Oh hello Emma!” My boss said. “Now you probably know what this meeting is for, it is that time again for you to go check on our other agencies.”

“You mean I get to travel again?” I said sarcastically making my boss laugh.

“I know, I know, it’s a real pain to be able to go all over the world.” She said laughing.

“So when and where am I going?” I said with a smile.

“Next week. Chicago.” She said and my smile dropped a little. I hadn’t been back to Chicago since I moved to Maryland. “Oh is something wrong with Chicago?”

I knew I couldn’t decline the assignment so I just played it off like it was nothing. “Oh no, I mean it’s no London, but Chicago is just as good as any other place.”

“Okay great!” She said. “You’ll be there for about 2 weeks. Now get to lunch, your break is about to start.”

                I kindly thanked her and left her office, having a small panic attack. I know Chicago is a giant place but I still couldn’t help but think of the fact that I might see H. ‘What would I do if I saw him? Would I ignore him and pretend I didn’t see or do I go up and actually talk to him? Or do I go up and give him a huge kiss? Wait no that would freak him out.’ The thoughts ran rapidly through my head and I couldn’t focus with all the new information.

                After work, I started freaking out even more. I started packing even though I had a week til I left because I felt like I need to make sure my outfits were perfect. 10 minutes in, I had to stop myself from packing because I was being too paranoid over nothing. To calm down, I decided to go on my computer and chill out for a little bit. Somehow I ended up on YouTube and onto one of H’s newest videos, and after about an hour I had watched 5 of his videos and got onto his face reveal that he did 2 years ago. He looked really good and I caught myself smiling to myself. I shook myself out of that trance and started reading the comments, which were mostly supportive. ‘Good for him’ I thought. I knew he was always nervous about revealing his face and I knew that the support meant a lot to him.

Looking at a few more comments, I saw one that said “Wow, I bet all of your ex-girlfriends wish they never broke up with you because you are FYNE!” I instantly felt horrible and cursed that darn person for posting that and reminding me of all that happened between H and I.

This was going to be a long next couple of weeks.