Chapter three: (continued)

"Abby! Wait up!" Lauren cried.

I walked even faster.

I just wanted this day over with already. Now I have  Dance with Ms. Pierce with Lauren. I only joined dance because everyone needed at least one year of P.E. and dance counts as P.E. Dance is the lowdown of my day. I just don't understand the fact why we change in front of everyone. I mean, some people like their privacy.

People like me.

In my words, the Girls' Locker Room is the ultimate strip club. Believe me, I've seen things that I wished I could unsee. And moments that I wished I was deaf. I made that mistake once at Homecoming... Since that night, I vowed that I would never set foot in the locker room again any day or any school event. But then I realized if I never went to Dance again, I wouldn't be able to graduate. So, in a Lauren's words, I had to, "Suck it up!"

"I don't want to go in there," I groaned to myself as I stated at the locker room door, the only obstacle from  going inside the locker room. Lauren caught up to me.

"Suck it up," she said.

"You know I'm not good at that," I told her.

"I know."

"All the more reason to not go in." I turned around and started to walk away. I quickly changed my while when I saw who was walking down my direction. She was the school queen and ruler of everything cliche. She was the beauty (Zarah's more beautiful) and one the of the ringleaders of the narrow-minded bullies. The one and only, Bree Andrews. Her strawberry blonde hair was curled like a princess', gently waving over her shoulders. She wore, like most of the girls at this school, a tight blouse that made her cleavage be the first thing people would look at, complimented by figure-hugging light denim jeans with studded stilettos to complete her look. I envied her. So did other girls. It was no secret. What surprised me most was that she wasn't a model unlike Tad or Zarah.

"Open the door! Open the door!" I practically yelled to Lauren.

"What is it?" she asked, surprised by my reaction. She opened the door, nevertheless. I didn't even make a complete step when Bree suddenly pushed me out of the way.

"Hey!" Bree shrieked, her eyes showing how much she loved making a scene about everything. "Watch where I'm going." She turned to Lauren. "Thank you for holding the door for me, sweetie." Tossing her hair at Lauren, she walked into the Girls' Locker Room.

"I'm not going in there knowing that Bree's in this class," I said to Lauren.

She sighed. "I don't blame you. What should we do?"

"We can ditch," I suggested. I shook my head. "No, that'll only get us in trouble."

"Either way, if we ditch, we'll get in trouble. It's a lose-lose for both of us, Abby."

Lauren was right.

The bell rang. We both exchanged look before walking in. Half of the girls were already dressed or taking off their clothes. I kept my eyes to the floor, focusing on getting my dance clothes. My locker had to be next to Bree's. I opened the locker, and to my horror, my dance clothes weren't in my locker.

"Hey! Where's my--"

 "Your dance clothes?" a voice said behind me. I turned around, making me stand face-to-face with Bree. She wore a smirk on her lips.

"Where are they?" I demanded.

"I don't know," she replied nonchalantly.

I knew arguing was just going to waste my time. I wasn't even going to have time to even try to look for my clothes. I went to the yellow bin that was labeled Lost and Found at the entrance of the locker room. There was bound to have a dance shirt and leggings my size. There had to be. If not, I would lose participation points. All thanks to Bree. I found a shirt my size, luckily. But there wasn't any leggings that suit me.

"What are you looking for?" asked Lauren, who was already changed.

"Leggings," I told her. "See any my size?"

"Mmm... nope." She pulled out a pair and showed them to me. "These are pretty close. Try them."

"If I put these, that means I have to suck in and squeeze everything I've got! I don't wanna do that!"

"There's no time. Put these on, I'll cover for you."

I had no other choice. I took the leggings and ran to the only open bathroom stall. The leggings felt horribly tight. I barely had any room for my fat to... nevermind. Lauren knocked on the stall and told me that Ms. Pierce was taking role. I opened the stall, put my jeans in my locker along with my shirt, and lined up.

"Today we'll be in the gym doing fitness instead of dance today." She added, "With the boys since Mr. Sanders isn't here today. All right, let's go."

The boys were waiting for us in the gym. Most of the boys were the girls' boyfriends. And to my totally surprise, that Luke guy was with them! He wasn't talking to any of the boys. He stood there by himself, awkward and alone. But he seemed relieved when he saw me and Lauren.

Ms. Pierce connected her speaker and music started to play. She told us to spread out and follow us. We did high-knees, arm stretches, shoulder rolls, and jumping jacks. After our warm-up, she told us we each needed a partner, girl paired with boy. Since we had one boy absent, Ms. Pierce paired with Lauren, making me be Luke's partner.

"Okay!" Ms. Pierce's voice echoed through-out the gym. "We will be working on our legs and our arms this fitness today. We'll start with push ups and then we'll work our way through. Boys first! Girls, keep track of how many your partner does."

All the boys got in push-up position. Was I glad that the boys had to go first. 80 push ups was the highest. Jackson Davis did 100. Luke gave up on his ninetieth. His face was all red and veins popped from his arms. The girls had it easy. We did the girl push ups. My knees hurt after. Next, we did scissors with our legs. As I did them, I swore that my leggings were going to explode. And after jogging around the gym a couple times and sit-ups, Ms. Pierce said that we'd do the splits and we'll conclude today's fitness with dodge ball.