Chapter 17 ~ The Memorial for Cedric Diggory

I cried so much writing this chapter. I was gonna end the story on chapter 16, but I thaught it would be nice to do a memorial chapter for Cedric and do it from different peoples POV.

Enjoy :)

~Pingu x

*Cho's POV*

''...I love you Cho, Nothing will ever change the way I feel about you...''

That's the last thing Cedric said to me.

I know I'm hurting, but I can't imagin the pain Phoenix is going through.

But she has George to help her along the way. She has friends to turn to in time of need.

I don't.

I have nowhere to turn, No one to talk to.

My mother and Father were on holiday during the last task, and have not yet returned.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror.

Its today, 29th June. Cedric's Funeral.

I never thaight I'd see the day, so soon. So young.

I hear a light tap at the front door, It'll be Phoenix.

She said she would accompany me the whole day and meet Fred and George over there.

Along with Harry, Ron, Ginny and Hermione.

And the majority of the Hufflepuffs and Griffyndor's.

''You ready Cho''

Phoenix asks, her voice barely above a whisper. I can tell she's been crying, I can't help but pull her into a hug as the tears flow freely over my cheeks.

''Come on, we need to get going sweet''

We both slowly make our way over to the car, thats being chauffered by a friend of Phoenix's dad's.

It's a beautiful Summer's day. I'm just glad the weather is bright and happy.

It puts people in a better mood atleast.

We pull up outside the church, most people have already turned up.

You can clearly see th group of red heads standing at the edge of the nig group of people.

Obviously the Weasley's, I laugh sadly to myself, trying to make myself feel better.

But it doesnt help. I just want him back.

I open the car door beside me and clamber out, feeling slightly out of place as I don't know many people.

Phoenix is greeted by a few people before she makes her way over to the Weasley family, she takes me with her.

I notice Phoenix's dad arrive and turn to talk to Phoenix.

''Hey Phoenix, Isn't that your Dad?''

I say, her head shoots in all sorts of directions looking for her Dad.

''DAD!''

''Phoenix, My dear, I'm so sorry...''

Her dad apolagises to her as they embrace eachothers presance in a hug.

I feel kinda awkward. I don't know what to do with myself.

Even Dumbldore and McGonagall are here and head of Hufflepuff Proffessor Sprout.

~~~~~~~~~~The Memorial service~~~~~~~~~~

*Phoenix's POV*

''...We're gathered her today, to mourn over the loss of a true hero. A brave young lad, who stood on the path of fear, and faut til the end. Cedric Diggory, was an inspirational person. I didn't know him personally, but from the wonderful stories I have been told, he was and always will be, known as Hard working, Loyal, and above all Brave...''

I don't know how much more I can listen to this guys woffle on about my brother.

It hurts to much to know he's gone.

''...Now I believe Cedric's sister, Alizandra, would like to say a few words...''

He says motioning for me to step up to where he was stood. George gives my hand a light squees and gives me a comferting smile.

''Dad, you don't know this but, the day, Cedric went on a camping trip with his friends, he was going through a really bad depression due to his best friend stabbing him in the back and his girlfriend at the time cheated on him with his best mate. He was gonna take his own life that night he came home, and make it look like and accident. But he didn't, because of me. He didnt take his own life becuase he had seen how scared and alone I was without him there. Even for a couple days. But he did write down a suicide not down in a song and he left it for me. I have it here with me...''

I say pulling an old piece of parchment out of my pocket and reading it out aloud.

''If I die young, berry me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me in the river, at dawn, send me away with the words of a love song...Thats the way the song started. He wrote down exactly how he wanted this day to go there and then. But what scared me the most was the last thing he said to me. He said just as he entered the mase for the last task 'It's not goodbye, because its not the end'. Everyone who has ever said that to me, has never made it back. My mother said that to me and I never saw her again. I didnt get to see her when she passed on because I was too young, and I still to this day have hope that shes still out there, somewhere. And if not, then atleast her and Cedric will have eachother.''

Thats it, thats all I can say before I walk to me seat and break down competely.

I have been holding this in for too long now and I can't take it anymore.

After a few other people say their parts the ceramoney is over, and before long I'm huddled in George's arms crying my heart out.

All the pain and suffering is yet to come, and I wan't to be there for Cho more than anyone.

Everyone else has left bar me, Cho, Harry, Hermione and the Weasley's.

I decide to say one last goodbye to Cedric.

I kneel down in front of his grave, I asked for him to be layed to rest next to my mother so they can be together.

''Hey Cedric, I'm Sorry I'm a mess but I have to get this off my chest. The last thing you said to me really scared me. It made me think as though you knew something bad was gonna happen and you knew that was the last time you would see the light of day again. But don't worry about me or Cho, We got eachother and I got George and the rest of them. Atleast Cho has someone who knows what she's going through so she doesnt feel alone. I'm gonna go, I love you so much big brother''

I make my way back over to George, leaving Cho to say her goodbye before I head off back to my house.

***

I arrive in the empty house and make my way up the stairs to Cedric's old room.

I slump down on the bed and berry my face in his pillow and cry myself into a restless sleep.