Chapter 5 ~ What do I do now?

~~~~~~~~~~Back in the Common room~~~~~~~~~~

As we all walk through the portrait hole, I notice Ginny sat next to Phoenix talking.

Ginny stares daggers at George then goes to lash out at him, but Phoenix stops her and then tells her something then they both walk up the stairs towards their room.

I catch Angelina's hand as everyone else walks over to the stairs to get ready for bed.

''hey Ange, could you possibly see if Phoenix is still up and ask her if she could meet me down here for five minuets please?''

Angelina smiles and nods as she walks up the stairs.

I wait for a few minuets then hear someone walk down the stairs.

''Fred what's wrong?''

Phoenix asks looking worried. Her eyes are red and puffy, her cheeks slightly rosy and tear stained.

''nothing, I just wanted to make sure you were alright is all''

''yeah I'm fine. I, I really freaked out back then I shouldn't have said that to George, not in front of everyone like that...''

She says as I cut in to stop her sticking up for my prick of a brother.

''no don't say that, you have every right to be angry and to have said what you did. What he said was out of order. You may have gone a bit over board but I don't blame you''

Phoenix nods in reply, and then walks back up to her room. Then she turns around and locks eyes with me.

''thank you, for everything'' she says with a smile

''anytime''

~~~~~~~~~~~~Defence against the dark arts with Moody~~~~~~~~~~

*George's POV*

''...your OWL's are coming up soon, so...''

Moody talks on about the bloody exams, I really don't care at this point in time.

Before I know it, my thoughts take over and I start thinking about Phoenix.

I feel really bad for what I said to her.

She's been missing lessons, but I don't know why. It really starting to worry me, and...

''sorry I'm late professor, I lost track of time''

Phoenix says while walking into the class room. She sits down on a desk by herself.

I notice her eyes are red, she looks like she's been crying, and she has a slight bruise on her right eye.

I try and catch her eye, but she doesn't look up from her work.

''Phoenix, are you alright?''

I whisper, she looks up at me a little surprised.

''uh yeah, I, I'm fine''

''do you wanna talk about it?''

She hesitates for a moment then nods in reply.

''I'l tell you later''

I nod in reply.

As I look towards the front, Moody is talking about the unforgivable curses, he turns to look at

Phoenix, then ushers her to the front.

He asks for a curse, she says 'the crusiartus curse

He picks up a spider from a jar and places it on the desk in at the front of the class.