22) Excited

Eleven's POV

Hopper took my phone. He wasn't stupid, he knew I would text Mike the second I could. He knew Mike would contact me as soon as I didn't show up for school.

It was in the pocket of the drivers side door. It buzzed every hour or so. We stopped at a rest stop and Hop got gas.

I went to use the bathroom. I asked the cashier if she had a phone I could borrow. I called Mike.

"Hello? Mike?" His voice picked up and I said hello again.
"Yes? Who is this?" I guess he didn't recognize me.

"It's El." Silence.
"Eleven?! You're there? Where are you? I'm coming! Don't hang up!"

"Mike, stop. Hop is taking me away. He said we're going to see mama. I'm excited." I didn't want to talk to Mike. I didn't know why. I was mad at him for some reason.

He can't just come get me. I'm not his. I'm not gonna stay right here and wait. I'm my own person. I don't need a man. I'm going to see my mama.

Mike's POV

"Hello? Mike?" The number was unknown. It sounded really familiar though.
"Yes? Who is this?" It was a girl, but I couldn't quite tell who it was.

"It's El." El? My Eleven was calling me. I had to find her.

"Eleven?! You're there? Where are you? I'm coming! Don't hang up!" Maybe I could track the phone number. She spoke up.
"Mike, stop. Hop is taking me away. He said we're going to see mama. I'm excited."

Excited? Stop? What has gotten into her? She didn't want me to come get her. She didn't want anything to do with me.

"Elev-" I got cut off by her hanging up. Something wasn't right.