New Hermione

Hermione's POV:-

"So much work is left! Oh my god! How the hell I am going to complete all this in an hour? Merlin, I am so hungry" I thought.

I scribbled the names of all the death eaters on a parchment who were already sent to Azkaban. I really thought that the ministry would catch all of them within 3 years but Voldemort was such an arse. He had thousands and thousands of followers.

"Damn, there are so many wizards and witches in this world. It is as if the half of the whole world population is magical. But still, we have to remain hidden. It's too pathetic!" I thought.

I heard my boss call me from the speaker (muggle telephone), "Hey LR, come to my room for a minute!"

I was extremely frustrated and hungry. I stood up with a sudden motion making the chair fall down. I wrapped up every parchment into a bundle and shoved them in my drawer! I was making too much noise. I knew that every other employee was looking at me. But it was not my fault. I did not take this job for writing down and keeping accounts of those fucking death eaters.

I wanted to work as a real agent but my boss would always send other agents but never me. She used to tell me I was not well for the job. Like hell, I was not well!  I was well enough to go to the gym and run every morning. Wasn't that enough for her? I was physically fit and active!

Well, I finally cleaned my table and rushed to my boss's room. I went near the door and whispered the password "cursing crucio". It really was a very lame password but no one bothered about it except me. However, I loved her room. My boss's name was "Mrs. Charlotte Brox". She was a beaubaxton girl and that was the reason I hated her more. She was married and was in her forties. I had no idea if she had kids or not.

I stepped in her room and my eyes fell on the fire lit fireplace. Her room was dark and filled with books. The covers of the books were shining in the brush of the light of the flame. The room felt comfortable and I always wanted to have such a room to relax.

I looked at the walls and the books. She coughed to get my attention. I looked at her. She was not in a good mood. She looked at me with thin eyes.

 "LR come and sit please"

"Yes, ma'am"

 I walked towards the large antique chairs facing her and pulled one of them to sit. I made myself comfortable and looked down on my lap and waited for her to speak. I was a bit nervous about the reason I was called for. I was confident that I had done every task given to me with perfection, and I was way ahead than my schedule. The nervousness and the curiosity were killing me. Suddenly I heard the soft noise of the quill being kept in the ink pot.

 "LR, your new mission starts from tomorrow. Your targets are 'Death Eater 44' and 'Death Eater 56'. You must acquire every knowledge, about these two by tomorrow. Remember you just need to acquire knowledge about them. You will be notified with every task one after another as you and your partner complete each one, one after another."

As soon as I heard the word "partner" I felt a bit disappointed and shocked.

"Partner? But ma'am, I like to work alone!"

She looked at me with disgust.

 "This is not your Hogwarts that you would anything you want. There are some rules and regulations here in my office which you need to learn and follow. I wish you were a Beaubaxton, at least you would have had some sense of discipline."

After that, she continued her insult on Hogwarts but I ignored her like always. I was used to her insults because she was not even present in the Great War. She had no idea about what Hogwarts did during the war.