Manwhore-ish Ways

Cissy sat  the girl, Hannah, down and had a normal "getting-to-know" conversation with Hannah while mentally cursing Remus for his manwhore-ish ways. Most people back in the day assumed Remus was the kind-hearted kid and Sirius was the player. Man, were they wrong.

Thank God this child knew she was magic.

"Who are your parents, kid?"

"Darla Johnson." 

"And your father?"

"That rascal is nowhere to be fucking found." Hannah hissed. Her way around words and actions were the exact opposite of how she looked.

"Alright. I know him and I will take you to him on one condition." Hannah's eyes popped open and she straightened her back, much like a meerkat.

"What?"

"Tell me where your mother is."

"She died. 2 weeks ago." Hannah was surprisingly strong and didn't even seem to be affected by her mother's death.

"Oh... how are you fairing with that?" Cissy felt like such an adult and this feeling of having protection over the child in front of her was overwhelming.

"I don't give two shits. She was a prostitute, anyway. A no-good one at that." the 13 year old huffed. Narcissa took a deep breath, she had no idea what to say to that. She could see so much of her old self in her sister and that frightened her so, so much.

"Let's go to your dad, then." Cissy offered her arm to Hannah and whisked both of them away.