EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

The next days of our life was spent the way it was during our honeymoon. Every morning, when Jeanne wakes up, he starts to bury his face on my neck and kiss me until I wake up, then we make love several times before he goes to work. At night, he makes sure to come home early to eat dinner with me and lay me on the bed early and consume ourselves until we get tired.

A familiar hand was making circles on my shoulder, caressing my arm up and down "Wake up now baby" he whispered seductively on my ear. I moan in reply and opened an eye to peek at him. "Now, you're finally awake" he said, having a success on his voice. He kissed me gently until I was really awake. He give me a long stemmed blue tulips, "I love you baby" he said, every single morning, he never gets tired of saying that.

"I love you more" and when I say that, he wouldn't just accept it. "I love you more than you love me" and with that, we were drunk again with passion.

Later the afternoon I suddenly thought of cooking. It's been so long since I last cooked and I'm kind of getting bored at the house now. Hmm. Maybe I should try to cook Jeanne's favorite? Stroganoff roast beef.

I asked Lila to buy for the ingredients. He is in France today, but he said he'll be back before dinner. His meetings will be over by four anyway. When everything was prepared, I asked for Lila's help, but I made sure to make it mostly by myself. I want it to be special.

"Lila please tell me how it tastes" Lila has been cooking this for years and I'm a first timer, I'm open to accept the errors I will have.

She take a little of it and tasted "It's very good. I know he will like this"

I smiled, just the thought that he will like it makes me happy now. "Thank you Lila, I will give him a call" but before I did, I made sure the plating is perfect. I checked on the clock its past five, maybe he's on his way? Anyway I'll give him a call.

"Hey baby, are you now going home? I asked enthusiastically, knowing he'll be surprised by this. Oh! I still have to change my clothes!

"I'm sorry baby, I had a person to talk to tonight, I'll be going home late." He said, frustrated.

"There had been a conflict with the schedule and I cannot cancel it now." He added.

I sighed. What I hate about surprises? Sometimes they surprise me. "I understand. You have a meeting?"

"Yes"

"With whom?" As if you know him Kathy! I rolled my eyes.

"With...Pauline, Kathy this is..."

"I understand Jeanne" I snapped. "Goodbye" and I hung up the phone. I felt goose bumps all over my body. Isn't that the reason why he can't cancel? It's Pauline. Pauline.

I do not know what to feel, well of course I know what I feel. I am jealous. I sighed. Maybe all this time I was just assuming that he's into me. How idiot am I. I walk towards the dining room and pretend that it was as if nothing happen but deep inside I am unhappy, hurt, miserable, name it all. I am afraid that it will happen again, for the second time. Maybe I'm falling so easily, maybe everything was just an assumption that I do on my own or maybe he loved me, but she's back. Pauline is back.

I took a deep breath. No. I shall not be jealous. I am not jealous. I chanted. Damn it! I'm a woman, you can't tell my fucking mind not to be jealous. I sighed.

I gave them a wide smile, as they try to prepare our supposed to be dinner. "Come on let's eat. I intend to cook much so that you can also eat. Please join me?" I smiled at them, all of them were in awe with I said.