CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I was roaming around the castle when I stopped by the garden. It's been four days since I have been back to the Chateau and it I am now back to reality-the boredom. I walk around to look at the fresh flowers and pick it by myself. It's the season of flowers so I am really having a light mood today. One thing I love about this place is that it is the only place where I can really really roam around without them following me or wondering where I am.

I picked up the yellow tulips and smelled it. It's a fresh bloom and I love it's vibrant color, then I feel someone's eye looking at me. I looked around and see no one and I tilted my chin up and saw a white shirt, leather jacket and khaki pants hiding on the tree leaves.

"Hey" I greeted and he crammed going down the tree. "Be careful!"

"Duchess, I'm sorry" He said, bowing before me. "I will go now"

"Hey wait" I said and grabbed his hand and awkwardly let go of it.

"Are you slacking off?" I asked

He shook his head."No Madame."

"Then what?"

"It is my day off Madame"

I frown. "And what's the matter if I see you here?"

"No...thing Madame. I just don't think it's appropriate for you to talk with me Madame"

God! He's uptight! "Then sit back" I commanded and he nervously did but before I can sit he called my attention  "Madame" and he removed his leather jacket and place it on the ground.

"I'm fine" I said.

"No please Madame" he insisted.

I sighed and said. "Okay" It's kind of him. I sit carefully on the ground like a real princess. I made sure my underwear will not be seen on the dress I'm wearing.

"So, what are you doing here Lawrence?" I asked.

"I just don't want to go out Madame and I don't want to stay at my room." Seriously the Madame is irritating!

"So you decided to be here?"

"Yes Madame".

I smiled and looked around "This is a good place to be when you want to relax" I said.

"I love this" I added.

"It has the perfect view." Indeed it is.

"What's that?" I asked on the spring I saw beneath him.

He pushed it a little farther from his back and answered "Just a scratch Madame"

"Can I?" I asked and offered a hand on him. I can't be wrong, it's a sketch book.

"Madame..." he refused.

"Please?" and he did gave it to me.

The first thing I saw from his sketch book was a landscape of a labyrinth. It was a three dimensional drawing surrounded by lively flowers and the thing that stuns on it was the huge fountain in the middle. So classy. So elegant. So beautiful.

"Woah...This is fabulous very beautiful" I looked at him excitedly. "You've done it?"

He nodded. "It's really beautiful." I amusedly said. The picture looks real. "It was inspired by this garden Madame"

"You think it would complement the house? I'm not good at mix and match" I admitted.

"I think it would Madame, the beauty of the house shall not focus on the outside, I think a house is more beautiful when you saw the beauty inside it" I smiled at him. He surely knows what he's saying.