CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER TWO

I set everything up; I filed a one week leave so that I can meet this strange clan. It has been a while since we've been talking about this wedding arrangement but it does not still frighten me. I don't have any idea how the man I am about to marry will look like. I unexpectedly thought of Sophia, will she like it if I tell her that I am about to get married? I have no idea.

"Mom, I want to go to Europe" Karl said. He's sniffing and with a temperature of thirty-eight degrees Celsius, my stubborn brother. He was supposed to be with me in Europe to see the original copy of the agreement. Karl loves history though he graduated with flying colors in Marketing Communications. He said and I quote 'Why do you have to study something [history] if I'm already great at it? There will be no thrill in that' Boastful bastard isn't he?

"Of course you can't come, you have a contagious disease" I said, legs crossed and seated at the couch inside his room waiting for mom to finish preparing for Karl's medicines and telling Trina about Karl's medication.

"It's just a fever" he said irritably.

"That could be an AH1N1"

"Stop, you two" Mom said.

"Mom, I want to go" Karl insisted.

"If you were not so stubborn and you didn't drink 'til you die and brought umbrella with you then you can possibly come"

"Stop it Kathy" Okay I'll stop. Karl is four years younger than me, whenever we have family reunions they always kiddingly say that Karl might get wed before me and I just give them a smile as a reply, the hell I care anyway. He got home drunk yesterday, our family driver fetched him from the bar, it was raining hard, he's all wet and he forgot his key inside his car. Brilliant isn't he?

"Karl, take a rest here, you can go to Europe anytime. Go look after yourself honey." Why he wants to come? He wants to see the Palace of Lexumbia personally.

Finally after the long discussions with Karl we are now heading to the airport. Mom, dad, grandma and I will all go the airport and this is the first time they're going to see Jeanne. All expenses were initially paid by them; I will give them the money as soon as they assess all expenses we've had.

The driver gathered my things and handed it to me, we've passed through an isolated alleyway towards Jeanne's private plane. I somehow think how much money did they pay for him not to be rumored to be in this country? I know a lot of people in show business, and this is a big buzz if they know it.

My stuffs was gathered by men in black which I suppose where Jeanne's bodyguard, all of them have their nameplate with them, maybe because they're too many to be remembered.

"Good day Mr. and Mrs. Humphrey" he greeted and from where did he come from? I do not know.

"I'm Jeanne Eisenhower sir/ma'am"

"Good afternoon Jeanne" my father greeted. I can see sparks in their hands. Mom kissed his cheeks as well as granny.

"The photos were true, you indeed is a handsome man" Granny complimented. Seriously?

"Thank you..."

"Granny or mamita. Whichever you'll be comfortable with" I rolled my eyes.

"I think I can die peacefully after you guys marry" Really granny? I thought granny didn't want this?

"Mamita" mom warned.

"Take care of my daughter Jeanne" my father said. "I will sir" and they shook hands again.