CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER NINE

It's been two weeks since we've talked that night, now we've been together for about five months and I see a little progress in our relationship...err...well...he calls me a lot now and he shows too much care about me. Whenever he comes back from France, he stays at our bedroom. He slips silently and brings my head to his shoulder, kiss my temple and whisper "Good night Kathy" I feel safe and comfortable in his arms.

Nine o'clock-Wednesday. What does that mean? It's my chess day. One great thing with staying inside this Chateau is that I had enhanced my skills once again. It's been so long since I played chess and now I'm working on it...though I play all by myself.

I started playing arrange the chess pieces. "Kathy" a voice from behind called. It's Jeanne. He come to me and kissed my forehead. "Hi, why are you home? You have a business meeting right?" He tells me his schedule every day we talk.

"The client said he can't make it" he said and lookedat what I'm doing. "Have you eaten?"

"Err...Not yet"

He rolled his eyes. "Kathy we talked about this, didn't we?"

"Yes...but actually I don't really eat this early"

He shot an eye on me. "Actually, I really ate at ten when you're not around" I confessed. Whenever he's around we eat at eight.

He shakes his head "Kathy..."

"I know, but I just don't really feel hungry yet." Actually I just hate eating all by my own on a huge table.

"Okay..." he said softly. "Are you about to play or are you done?"

"About to"

"Let's play then" he smiled and sit in front of me. "Are you good at this?"

"Not really" I'm an expert actually.

"Let's have a deal"

I raised a brow. "What deal?"

"Every chess piece I eat equivalents to a question" Are you sure about that?

"And it goes the other way" he continued.

"Deal" I agreed.

We started playing Chess, at first, no one was talking, we were taking our time to think over our turns and then suddenly he was the first one to eat a Chess piece.

"How many exes do you have?" he asked.

"Three" I answered truthfully.

I ate a pawn. "How many exes do you have? Inclusive of those not introduced to the public"

He thinks a little and answered "Twelve"

"You're lying" I accused. "You lose count didn't you?" I raised a brow.

He chuckled. "Plus the five that was known and seen with me public"

"Are you a valedictorian?" Another Chess piece of mine was eaten.

"No" I answered. I've never been a Valedictorian but always in the honor's list.

"Then what?"

"You just have one question per chess piece Prince Jeanne" I reminded.

"That's unfair" he rolled his eyes.

"Your question was wrong"

"What was your rank in school?" He's questions are too general.

"Fourth when I had masters"

"How about in college?"

"Just a question remember?" I smirk and he shakes his head.