CHAPTER 10

"Madame, Duke Henri has arrived" Ava said.

"Where is he?" Why is he here?

"At the living room Madame, he wants to talk with Jeanne" It's Saturday and in a few minutes he'll be around. Will I go down? It was his first time to visit us so maybe I should.

"I'll follow" I said and she closed the door I look through the mirror, brush my hair a little and pour some perfume. I turn around to see if my red long sleeved dress is still well ironed. I do have a lot of everyday dresses, when I say everyday dresses I mean comfortable clothes like tank top and shorts but for the time that I have been here I have never worn any of them. Yes. Even though I will spend my day at home I have never worn any of them.

Walking towards the living room, I heard the two boys' voices. It wasn't at the normal tone. I walk fast to see what is happening. Are they fighting this early? Stopping at the back of the door, I listened to them.

"I told you to go to this convention. Do you know how important this is?" Dad said, he's raising his voice and he is really angry.

"I will just get an update on it" Jeanne said coolly. Maybe they aren't fighting?

"You must get information by yourself!" His dad shouted. "Why were you not able to go on it?"

"I went out last night. I did not get up early" He did?

I knock on the door and smiled like I just arrived. "Good morning dad" I greeted, I walk towards him to kiss his cheeks. He was standing near the fireplace, arms on the waist and inside his coat. While Jeanne was sitting on the couch and throwing tennis ball up repeatedly.

"Good morning Kathy" he replied but he wasn't at ease, he didn't even smile at me. "Have you eaten your breakfast? I asked them to prepare our breakfast" Please, I don't want to witness a fight this early.

"No need. I'm done. I just have to talk to Jeanne"

"Okay" I smiled at him and sit in front of Jeanne, he stopped throwing the ball and walk to me and kiss me on my cheek. "Morning beautiful" he greeted and walk back to his place.

"I ask John about the important details" he turned to his dad.

"Jeanne, do you know how irresponsible was that?" What is this convention all about? "You are old enough, be mature a little."

He gave a shot to his father, his brows met in the middle and he clenched his hand holding the tennis ball. "Look. I do not have time to listen to you. Talk to my secretary. I have to go" What did he do? He walked approaching the door. "Jeanne. Jeanne! I am not finished." His dad shouted and Jeanne slammed the door. What the..

"Dad, dad. I'm sorry for what he has done." I tried to calm him down. Oh my Gosh. Please help me I think he's going to have a heart attack.

He shakes his head. "He's really hard headed." He sighed.

"I'll talk to him dad. Excuse me" and I exited.

I roam around our home. Where is he? He isn't in our room, neither in the dining area, of course not in the living room, then I passed by the Veranda. Finally!

"Jeanne" I called him.

"Yes?" he asked, still playing with the tennis ball, throwing it up.

"Let's talk." I said

He stopped playing with the ball "That's nothing Kathy." He smiled.