Epilogue

Brandon Lemiere

I walked into my house and again.. it's dark. Priscilla has a late surgery so she can't be home tonight. I walked up to my room and go straight to the bathroom to take a shower. I took a quick shower and walked out from the bathroom. I dried my hair with a small towel and looked at the empty bed.

"Why do I have a doctor as my wife? I'm damn lonely." I said to myself and sighed. I sat down on the bed and took my phone to check the time and it's 11.

I turned to see Priscilla's side of the bed and sighed big time. I miss her and we've been away from each other for some time. I'm busy with my work and she's busy with her shift but I'm glad that she's happy.

I decided to text her since I don't think she will answer my call.

Brandon :
I'm home already and I miss you. How's the surgery going? Are you tired? Can you call me after you read this? I miss you like crazy.

I sent it and in a minute.. Priscilla called. I pressed the green button like a crazy man and put my phone to my ear.

"Hey baby." She greeted me.

"Hey.. How's the surgery?" I asked.

"I just finished it.. I have another surgery later on at 1." She said and I heard her yawning.

"Have a rest, Priscilla.. Don't overwork yourself." I said and she chuckled.

"Yes love.. I will."

"I miss you like crazy."

"I miss you too." She said.

"Have you eat?"

"Grabbed a sandwich earlier.. so how's work?" She answered quickly and I know that she's lying.

"Are you free now?" I asked ignoring her question.

"Yeah.. I'm free until 12.30. Why?"

"See you in 10 minutes." I ended the call right away. I changed my shirt real quick and ran out from my room. I rushed down and jumped into my car. I drove out from my house straight to the hospital where she works. I got out and found her already waiting for me at the lobby with her white coat and stethoscope wrapped around her neck.

I walked to her with a big smile plastered on my face. I hugged her tightly and kissed the side of her head.

"I miss you." She said as she buried her face to my chest.

"Let's go eat something." I said as I held her hand. She looked at me weirdly and I smiled.

"I told you that I alr-"

"I know you're lying." I cut her and she chuckled.

"So what do you have in mind?" She asked and I pointed at vietnam noddle place right across the hospital. God bless that restaurant because it opens 24 hours. She nodded and we both walked there.

"You need a lot of rest.. your eyebags.. it's crazy." I said and she pinched my arm.

"Hey! What was that for?" I hissed at her.

"I have a cute eyebags.. stop mocking it."

"Fine fine.. Your eyebags are lovely, darling." I teased her.

"Thankyou, darling." She kissed my cheek and I smiled at her.

"So how's work today?" She asked.

"Well.. a little hectic since Matthew and Dylan are on their period. They kept getting angry with little things. Thank God Scarlette got him back to track or else.."