Chapter 11 - You're Not God

Priscilla Cason

Work. Work. Work. Work. Work.

I really need some rest.. I need a drink.. yeah.. I really want a drink. Tomorrow's Friday so.. I can get up late. I'm so going out for a drink tonight.

Suddenly someone knocked the door and I looked up to Scarlette.

"Hey."

"What can I help you?" I asked.

"Uhmm.. I want to ask when will Brandon see Mr. Brome? We have a presentation to do so we want to match the time so we know the deadline." She asked and I turned my head to the computer. I checked the schedule.

"Oh it's on Wednesday next week, 2 p.m." I answered.

"Oh great! Thanks a lot." She smiled and I nodded. She walked away and I looked down to continue my work. I have a data to sort out before tomorrow. Suddenly the door bursted open and I jumped a little.

"You scared me!" I looked at Brandon disbelief as I put my hand on my chest.

"You free tonight?"

"Why?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Come with me."

"Where?" I looked at him suspiciously.

"Just trust me."

"I don't trust you, you need to tell me where and who are we meeting first." I said and he sighed. He sat down in front of my desk and looked at me seriously.

"Lisa, isn't it?" I asked and he nodded.

"I told you a thousand times that I'm-"

"Only once, I promise. I promise with all my heart, I will pay you for 100.000$"

"No!"

"Please.. I beg you. Only this once, after that I'll leave you alone. I promise." He begged and I shook my head.

"You won't fall in love with me by helping me once." He said and I sighed.

"You love her that much?" I asked and he nodded.

"Can you find someone else?"

"I only know one Priscilla Cason so.. I only can go there with you."

"You're such an idiot." I sighed and looked at him straight into his eyes.

"Only once and no falling in love." I said and he smiled widely nodding his head. I froze my heart a few times and I said to myself once is enough.

"If you give me 100.000$, I don't need to work anymore."

"Uhmm can you still work for me?"

"I only have 2 months break and then I have to get back to school."

"Okay fine, work for me until you get back school." He said and I nodded. I like this job too.. I mean I can earn more money than wasting money outside.

"When? Where? What should I wear?" I asked.

"Casual.. it's just a birthday party at their garden with family and friends so.. BBQ kinda thing.. So casual."

"No skinship." I said.

"Just this once.. They won't believe if there's no skinship and this.." He put a small black box in front of me. I opened it and it's a beautiful diamond ring.

"You were going to give this to her, weren't you?"

"No.. I was going to marry her at some point but I never prepare the ring."

"You bought this just for an act?" I asked and he nodded.

"Unbelievable."

"Try it." He said and I took it out from the box and slide it to my ring finger. It fit perfectly.

"Good.." He said.

"When?"

"I'll pick you up later on at 6."

"Only once.. okay?" I secretly recorded this conversation with my phone.

"Yeah.. only once. I promise."

"Good."

"Okay.. Thankyou.. I will pick you up at 6." He said and he walked out from the door. I sighed and looked up to the ceiling.

I won't fall in love with him.. I won't fall in love with him. We only will do this once and there won't be a second time. Remember Priscilla.. it's only once. Remember your life that you don't deserve a guy like Brandon. Remember that.. Priscilla..

I took a really really deep breath and looked back to my work. I quickly finished it and go back home. I need to get ready and I only have 1 hour left before Brandon will pick me up.

I go straight to the shower and showered as fast as I can. I got out and dried my hair. I curled it and put on my make up. I took out my black high waisted jeans and a simple white tee. I put old adidas sneakers on and waited for Brandon.

I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself.

"Priscilla.. you-" I stopped because my phone vibrated. I ran down and walked out from my house. Brandon opened his car window and gestured me to get in. I got inside.

"Ready?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Thankyou for helping me, I promise that.. we're only doing this once." He said and I nodded weakly.

"Don't worry, I won't fall in love with you." He said and I turned to him.

"I'm the one who is afraid." I said in a small tone.

"Oh come on, you won't fall in love with an asshole jackass like me." He laughed dryly and I turned my eyes outside the window.

"We've been dating for 1,5 years and I proposed you when we're having our anniversary. We'll having our wedding in Hawaii."

"Roger that." I answered.

"You okay?"

"I'm not okay."

"Really?" He asked panickly. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine idiot!" I hissed at him and he chuckled. He suddenly held my hand and my eyes widen.

"Practicing.. loosen up your hand." He said and I tried to relax.

"I don't think this will be a good idea." I said looking at it awkwardly.

"Only once, we won't feel anything after that."

"Easy for you to say, Brandon." I said coldly.

"I love Lisa and you like Christian. We both like other person.. Chill will you?"

"I know how this will end, Brandon."

"You're not GOD, you can't predict the future." He laughed.