Chapter 26 - Koala

Priscilla Cason

I kept glancing at Brandon all the time because I was worried. He kept silent all the time and I decided to give him a little time to think. I drove silently towards the Battery Park.

I parked the car around there and turned my head to Brandon.

"Hey.. we're here." I said and he turned to me blankly. I smiled and he nodded weakly. We both got out from the car and then I held his hand. We walked towards the park and sat down on the bench near the river.

"This is the place where I always go everytime I feel sad. I always sit here for hours just looking at the river." I said as I looked at the river. I turned my head to Brandon and he's currently has his eyes on the river.

"So.. do you want to talk about it?" I asked and he sighed.

"Do you remember that I went to Spain last week?" He asked and I nodded.

"I made a big mistake there. I was there to make a deal to distribute gold and silver there but the person that I'm dealing with got me big time. Now.. we're losing 5 million dollars. My dad and Matthew are currently handling it. They're currently damn mad at me and I have to fix it."

"What did he do?"

"I mean.. I can't blame him fully because it was my fault. I was so tired working until I didn't check the contract again. I just signed it and go.." He sighed big time and I pulled him up. I hugged him tightly and patted his back.

"We make mistakes sometimes.. it's normal.. we're just an ordinary person not a robot." I said trying to cheer him up.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" He asked me and I looked up to him.

"Okay." I said and he crashed his lips to mine. He slipped his hand to my cheek. He looked me into my eyes and smiled. I hugged him again and patted his back again. Suddenly his phone rang and I let him pick it up.

"Yes dad.. Yeah.. I will.. I will go there now." He said and then ended the call.

"I want cook something for you.. Can I go into your apartment?" I asked.

"Yeah.. I will go there after dealing with the old Lemiere." He said and I kissed his cheek.

"You should go.."

"I'll drop you home first." He said and I shook my head.

"I'll be okay.. Go first." I smiled and gestured him to go.

"I'll see you later on.. for dinner."

"Yes." I smiled and waved at him. He waved back and ran towards his car. I sighed big time.. I took out my phone and decided to call Lara. I asked for her phone number last time incase I need it.

"Hello.."

"Hello Lara, this is Priscilla."

"Priscilla!! How are you?" She asked cheerly.

"I'm good.. how about you?"

"Great.. so what can I do for you?"

"Uhmm.. I want to make Brandon his favorite dish. Can you help me?" I asked.

"I will be happy to help you!" I smiled widely and she said she will text me all the ingredients. I took a taxi to the market near Brandon's apartment. I bought all the ingredients and go straight to Brandon's place.

I video called with Lara and she helped me to make the dish from scratch. I will try my best to cheer him up by making his favorite japanese ramen. It's not easy but.. I already do my best.

"Are you cooking or destroying my kitchen?" I turned to the door and smiled.

"Sorry.. I will clean that later. So how was it?"

"I don't want to talk about it.. so what are you making?" He asked but I pushed him to the dining room. I forced him to sit and wait.

"Give me 10 more minutes.." I said and I ran back to the kitchen. I cut the meat and waited for the broth to boil a little bit more. I decided to clean up the kitchen while waiting for it.

I poured the broth into the bowl and put the meat in. I put it on a tray and brought it to Brandon. I put it in front of him and his face light up.

"I know it won't taste the same like Lara's cook or the restaurant that you like.. but I-"

"Thankyou." He smiled widely.

"Welcome."

"Where's yours?" He asked and I gestured him to eat first. I walked back to the kitchen taking mine. I sat across him and I waited for him to taste it.

"This is good!" He said.

"Really?"

"Yeah.. I love it."

"I'm glad that you love it."

"Priscilla.. this Saturday will you come with me to a launching party?" Stella mentioned it earlier and I'm glad that he asked or else I will be worried.

"Yeah sure."

"Great." We continued to eat our food and then he helped me wash the dishes. I decided to take a shower and asked Brandon to lend me his shirt. I walked out from the bathroom and saw Brandon currently on his computer.

"Work?"

"Nah.. just reading emails." He said and I sat beside him on the bed. I linked my arm to his and leaned my head to his shoulder. I put down his laptop away and hugged me from the side.

"I'm glad that you're here.."

"I'm just doing my job as your girlfriend."

"I pick the right girl." He kissed the side of my head.

"You need to rest.. you're tired." I said as I turned to him. He nodded lightly. He got up and walked to the bathroom take a shower first. I turned on the air conditioner sat on the bed. I turned on my alarm tomorrow morning so I can prepare breakfast for him before going to work.

"Let's sleep.. you need to cuddle me." He said as he walked out shirtless. I smiled and walked towards him. I took his towel from his hand and I patted his body with it.

"I will cuddle you.. don't worry. You're such a koala." I chuckled.

"You love this Koala."

"I do.."

"Wait.. Did you just agree with my statement?" He asked and I looked up to him.

"What? I love this Koala?" I asked.

"You love me?"

"Isn't it weird if I don't?" I answered and he pulled me into a hug.

"Gosh.. you do recharge my tiredness these days."

"I know."

"Since when you become cocky?" He held my shoulders and I smirked.

"I learned it from you."

"Come on let's sleep.. don't forget to kiss me before you sleep okay?"

"I will sleep first before you do." I hissed and he laughed.

"Right.. I always do."