Chapter Thirty Four

----------------------------------------

Dedication: TangledInLove by creating the cover on the side. Thank you so much. :)

Song: Thousand Miles - Vanessa Carlton. (Even now I can't not think of the movie White Chicks when listening to this).

thank you so much for reading this story and sticking with it. When I first began writing it, I was just mucking around, hence the one page chapters... But when I actually started getting views, I actually started putting effort into it. You guys are that amazing. <3

--------------------------------------

Jason's P.O.V:

As soon as she'd hung up on me, I found myself ditching Jeremy. I ignored his questions, legging it out to my car. I sped, literally, to her house and rounded up the hill. There was a car I didn't recognise in the driveway, and all the lights on.

I stared at the house for a few moments, processing in my mind what my eyes were seeing. She hadn't exactly sounded like she was chilling at home...

I fumbled in my pocket, before fishing out my phone. With trembling fingers, I searched my contact list for Melanie Stewart. Finally, I found her, pressing the call button. In two rings, she greeted me.

"Hello...?"

"Mel, it's me, Jason. Is Emma with you?"

"No." She answered, her voice strained. "She was here, but she ran away. I thought she was looking for you?"

"I'm not home."

"Oh."

"Mark is though."

"...Oh."

"Where do you live? I'm coming over."

She rambled off her address, and then repeated it. I hung up, without another word. Soon enough, I arrived at her house, nodding in approval at the place. It was a very, modern house. It was quite nice. I shook the thoughts away from my head and sprinted inside. I didn't have time to approve or disapprove of my current situation.

I had barely raised my fist to knock before it was swung open. Melanie stood there, her eyes puffy from crying, her nose slightly red. She beckoned me inside and I did. She pressed a slim finger to her lips and inclinced her head up the stairs.

I nodded once, and trailed behind her wordlessly. After winding up a series of stairs, we located ourselves into what I could only guess was her room. I didn't take in my surroundings, I just got straight to the point.

"What are we going to do? Emma isn't answering."

Mel shook her head, tears filling her eyes again. "I don't know, Jason."

As if on cue, the door down stairs opened. Footsteps could be heard leaping up the stairs, what sound like two at a time. The door busted open and there stood Emma. My jaw dropped.