Chapter Twenty Eight

---------------------------

Dedication: Thingyb for making me a banner. Thank you. :) 

To your right. ------->>>>

---------------------------

"Just five more minutes..." I mumbled. 

The persistant shaking was getting seriously irritating. I frowned, trying to slap the person away. My hands weren't really obeying me at the moment though. I wasn't sure why. My head was pounding. I squeezed my eyes tighter shut, as if forcing the pain away. 

"Honestly..." I whispered in protest as the shaking continued. "Five. Minutes." 

"Emma!"  

Reluctantly, I let my eyes drift open. I squinted as numerous faces stared down at me, a mixture of expressions spread on their faces. Some were interested, some concerned, some laughing. I set my mouth in a disapproving line, trying to glare at them.  

What were they staring at? 

The person who had been shaking me let out a breath of relief. I dragged my eyes from the crowd to the face. My eyes widened as they rested on Jason. I then noticed he had his hand, cupped around my face, his thumb caressing my cheek. 

"What happened?" I asked quietly. 

"I think you slipped." he answered.  

I leaned into his hand, seeking his comfort. I don't think I even processed what he had said. I blinked at him for a few moments.  

What had I asked? 

"Move aside please," a bland voice spoke.

The swarm of people departed quickly. Jason's hand was removed from my face and I had a flush of cold creep up on me. Black dots were still dancing across my vision as I was placed onto a mattress thing. I was wheeled inside a vehicle. 

When did that get here? 

Jason was beside me again, gripping my hand, hard. I tried to talk to him, but my mouth wouldn't work. I swallowed, feeling a lump form in my throat. I was really confused. 

I let my eyes shut again. We must have hit a bump because my head bounced and I winced in pain. Suddenly, my head was being supported by something. 

That felt nice. 

I sighed deeply, willing myself to faint. Or sleep. Just something to stop the throbbing in my head. I could hear voices around me, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. It sounded like far away buzzing. I licked my lips and let myself fall into a pool of darkness.

----------------------------

"Your brain bruising hadn't completely healed from your previous accident, hence why you took the blow so heavily today." The Doctor clarified to me, fixing his glasses at the bridge of his nose. He gave me a brim smile.

I shifted uncomfortably, feeling the weight of everyone's gazes. I had been hit with a wave of Déjà vu, from when I had been in the hospital from the car accident, having the whole crew here with me. I licked my lips.