Dreams

11 years later

Dreams. Everyone has them. I'm not talking about the real life ones, well maybe I am in a way, for most people I guess what I'm trying to say is, not the dreams you have as a kid, growing up to be a doctor, a firefighter, a professional MMA fighter. Those dreams you work at your whole life to achieve.

I'm talking about what for normal people is what they see when they lay their head down at night and fall into magical fantasies.

I watched a show once with my adopted father AJ. It explained how complex the brain really is. It said how the lengths the brain goes to are so extraordinary that it can create things when we shut our eyes, that real life cant even comprehend, much less make into reality.

I guess I must be extra extraordinary in that case then. When most girls think of dreams, they think of how when they were younger, they dreamt of going to magical colorful lands with cotton candy and dancing flowers or maybe becoming a fairy. Then as they get older those dreams turn into your dream wedding with the school hottie. I've never had those dreams.

Nightmares, nightmares are more like what I experience. But before you get excited, they aren't even normal nightmares that a normal girl would have, from a dragon trying to eat you, to that hot guys face turning into your great uncle. No, I'm not that lucky.

My dreams are fortunes, the foretold, the future, the going-to-happen-unless-i-stop-it. Whichever way you prefer to call it makes no difference its all the same. The worst part would be, sometimes they aren't just at night. I would get visions at random times during the day. Sometimes so powerful that they could knock me off my feet.

In case you haven't figured out yet, I am not some normal 16 year old girl. No, I am pretty "special".

As soon as my parents died was when the truth came out. Maddie wasn't just a nanny. She was a special protector sent by a government corporation GCPA (Gifted child protection agency) created by wealthy people like my parents to protect "special children" like myself.

I was whisked off as soon as possible to live with Maddie and her husband AJ. Over the past 11 years they have become my family, it wasn't too hard being as Maddie practically raised me since I was born. I had a whole new life.

I went to a special private school where all us special kids went. (You'd be surprised of how many of us there were) We all have different stories, but we all are there for one reason, something makes us pretty special from all the normal kids out there.

Monday

"Desmia, dear wake up your going to be late for school!" Maddie yelled at me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Ugh, Maddie, please, just 5 more minutes!"

"Dear you don't have 5 more minutes it 7:30!"

"Oh crap!" I jumped out of bed and got dressed in some jeans, a black tank top and some black wedges. I ran a brush through my straight black hair and outlined my pale blue eyes in black eyeliner making them seem even bigger then they already were. Then I brushed my teeth, ran down to the kitchen, grabbed my bag, keys, and an apple, gave Maddie a wave and was out the door in record time. I climbed into my lime green dodge charger and was on my way to school.

"DESMIA!!!" One of my best friends Jo screamed into my ear as I walked in the door. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?!"

She looked at me while her arms were flying all over the place. Her shoulder length black hair was up in a pony tail and her pale blue eyes had no make up around them. She was my height exactly 5 foot 7. She was wearing camo shorts, a white tee, and black converse.