Chapter 17- EAMON

Eamon

 I'm finishing up a large fire pit special order at work with last night still rolling through my head. I've done some crazy stuff with girls, and I've had sex in some insane places, but never has it been like it was with Rachel. I felt every second, every piece of her, and it still wasn't enough. I couldn't give her enough, couldn't take enough, couldn't be close enough when we finished.

That scared the living shit out of me. But still I did it, and then when I woke up and never wanted to leave, I bolted. Rachel and I had a deal, and she knows what I'm capable of. She's too much of everything to be with her the way I know she wants.

"Eamon!" Traive shouts from about two feet behind me nearly making me drop my torch.

"The fuck, man!" I spin around, but he's smiling too damn big for me to pissed. Anyway, Traive is probably exactly what I need tonight.

"You're distracted today." He slugs my shoulder.

"You're not supposed to be in the warehouse asshole."

"Jerry let me back. Why you being such a whiny douchehole?"

"Fuck you." I go back to the fire pit because I just need to get a little bit more done and I can call it good.

"Nelson wants to go out tonight. Leslie's filling out some shit for the school she wants to go to in Atlanta, and the band's taking the week off. Since you're always unattached, or at least your attachments seem to be able to be brushed off when needed, I figured I could count on you."

He's right, and I need it that way.

I finally get the last run done and start putting my few tools away. "Great. Let's drive over to Rainy or maybe even out to Baton Rouge." I need out of here.

"Cool man. Gotta run by and pick up Nelson first, we'll see what he wants to do."

"Tobin!" I yell toward where he's hunched over a trailer we've been working on. "Come out with us."

He flips me off with his huge glove.

"Guess he's out or he'll catch up with us later."

Traive slaps my back, and maybe my life can go back to the normal it was before I decided I needed to have sex with one of my best friends.

***

Fucking Carl's bar. What the hell.

I'm actually wiping my palms like a scared kid as we head for the door. Since Nelson's underage, it's the only place we know he can get a drink. Though, he's bigger than both of us and probably wouldn't get carded.

Normally I make sure I'm in first to get a good seat at the bar so we can harass Rachel, but tonight I let them go ahead. I'm actually having a hard time breathing because I've turned so damn pathetic.

"I wanna play pool," I say as the tinny jukebox music slams into our ears.

"Table then?" Nelson points to his favorite table near the shuffleboard bowling he loves so much.

"Yeah." Finally something's going my way.

I'll be a dick if I don't look up to find Rachel and wave. My eyes connect with hers immediately--her tanned skin, messy pulled up hair and smile hit me just like they did the night I kissed her here. Last weekend was supposed to get rid of this way I want her, and instead I know how fucking incredible she is under those clothes, and all I can see now is a bewildered Rachel standing naked (in my mind) behind the counter sliding a beer toward...a guy who's looking at her way too closely. Pretty-boy, too. Not from here or I'd know him. Pressed pants and shirt that belongs under a suit, not in a bar.