Chapter 1

Keep running, keeping running, don't stop. Naruto chanted in her head as she sprinted through the village, ducking and sliding on the ground to get to safety. She weaved through the crowd, trying her best not to make contact with anyone in case she got more people angry. "DON'T LET THAT DEMON GET AWAY!" an angry voice howled and there were choruses of agreement with the exclamation. "We will be praised as heroes!"
"We will finish what the fourth Hokage started!" another voice shouted and there were cheers. Naruto never looked back at the voices and the pounding of footsteps. Outside. I have to get to a forest. I can't stay in the village center. I need to hide... who am I kidding? I might as well stop right in front of them. There's no purpose in me running. Why do I even bother? Naruto sighed, this is getting very tiring. This has been going on for many many years and yet they still cannot understand that she was just a vessel and not the demon. She isn't good enough to be the demon fox! Hey, kit. Stop putting yourself down like that. The demon's gruff voice sounded in her head. Naruto ignored the fox, the fox always tries to talk her out of her self-depreciating thoughts but she can't help it. All this hate and abuse. It will get better, kit. Naruto let out another sigh as she jumped into the trees and leaped through the foliage, quickly creating shadow clones as a distraction. Naruto stopped on one of the many tree branches as her clone went towards another direction to mislead the angry mob. Naruto sat down on the tree branch, trying to get her heart rate down. All this chasing still terrifies her, she'd much rather be chased by S-ranked criminals then getting killed by her own village members. At least that way, she dies with dignity. Well, it's not like they will honor my death anyway.
Just say the word, kit. I will wipe them all off the face of the Earth for you.
Thank you Kurama, but they are just grieving. I will take their hate. Naruto said to the demon fox softly, making the fox growl.
Stop making excuses for them. They don't deserve this kindness, they did so much shit to you! You're forced to hide so many things - your emotions, your gender, your skills! The fox boomed, slamming his paws onto the ground. Naruto had changed the landscape in the seal to luscious green fields with many flowers and waterfall and hidden caves. The caves were for them both to seek retreat and their alone time or it was sometimes used as a time-out zone for the both of them as they would sometimes get into an argument and had to cool off before either one of them says or does something that they'll regret. Naruto leaned back onto the tree, tired. She doesn't know how much longer she can continue with all this. The running, the beating, the facade in front of her friends. She doesn't exactly hide her gender as she does what every other female ninja does she binds her chest so that it doesn't interfere with anything. She cuts her hair short because they irritate her when it gets in her line of vision and she wears that hideous orange jumpsuit because it was the only thing the stores would sell her. It was rather expensive too. However, none of her comrades notices. They all thought she was a boy and poor Hinata even has a little crush on Naruto. I'm sure it will pass. No one will love the demon spawn anyway. Kurama facepalmed, how many times does he have to remind her that she isn't a demon spawn, neither is she worthless and hard to love.
"What are you doing, Dobe?" Naruto's eyes snapped open in shock, only to see two ebony eyes staring back at her. Naruto faked screamed and forced herself to tip off the tree. She landed painfully on her wounds that Kurama had been working on for the past few hours. She heard the fox tsk at her for making the wound worse. Sasuke looked down at her from his perch on the tree branch and smirked, muttering about something about dead last and being stupid. Naruto mentally readied herself for another few hours of acting like an absolute idiot before she jumped to her feet and started cursing at Sasuke. "NARUTO HOW DARE YOU CURSE AT MY SASUKE-KUN!" Sakura screeched as she finally caught up and now she is sprinting towards Naruto to give the blond a beating. Naruto fought all instincts to fight back as she braced for any hits coming her way while trying to ignore Kurama who was screaming and chanting at her to fight the pink banshee as he calls her.

Sasuke frowned from his high perch. Sakura was hitting his best friend. It infuriated the Uchiha to no end when their pink haired comrade always abuses Naruto like that. He wants to stop it but he doesn't know how to approach the situation. He watched as Naruto took the beating, he knew Naruto could have blocked that but why didn't the blond do that? Why didn't Naruto block the hits? Sasuke growled at himself for not defending the dobe. For not protecting the one that he loves.