Chapter 13

Tati P.O.V

I knelt down next to my father's bed and watched him sleep. He looked healthier again and based on what the doctor had informed me, he was almost fully recovered. As I watched him, his eyes opened and he gave me his usual warm smile

"Cara. How are you?" his voice was slightly cracked and before I answered him I passed him a glass of water. I held it for him while he drank sip by sip.

"Oh, papa. The real question is, how are you." I quipped trying hard not to burst out in tears. My dad was my, savior, my rock, my everything.

"Me? Huh. I'm a stallion. Sort of. How is work? More importantly, how is Logan treating you? Need I call your brother to sort him?" he laughed. If someone else were to see my face right now, they would ask me if my jaw was permanently stuck. I was gaping.

"You can't blame me for asking. After what I put you through, he said those horrible things, I feel responsible for you moving away. Now he gets to eat his own shit though" we both laughed at that.

"Well.... He is ok I guess, still a jerk but there's just something about him you now? Like the old feelings might surface and I'm worried about that. However, his friend from England has arrived and he's a looker." I let out in one go.

"Aiyayayai. I leave the office temporarily and it turns into a hunting fiesta for my daughter? If I know that was all it took for men to chase you, I wouldn't have let you model." Yet another surprise from my father.

" You silly old man. Get some rest. I'll be back tomorrow." I kissed his cheek and let him rest.

A few days later, after I got used to the fact that John was a few doors away with Logan, I steered far away from them. I made new friends as well. Anthony had a total blast working with me and even he approved of the new friends I had made. They were girls and both of them didn't want anything to d with Logan or John. Which was a left good thing because I didn't want to make friends with girls who just wanted to use me to get closer to them.

It was almost six in the evening and I had agreed with John to go out for another drink just as I was wrapping up my tasks. I wasn't sure why I had agreed though.

After getting to know him around the office a little more and from meetings, I could tell he was a stingy person. The type of person who would step on you to get what he wanted. My spidey senses started going off for sure.

I went over to the file room to get me some files and also to staple some stuff. You'd think being a model and I'm tall I would be able to reach the bloody files but no. I was standing on those mini ladders right on top of it to add and I was at the tip of it, trying to reach for a file.

5 foot 11. That's how tall I am and I can't even reach shit. The door of the room started to open and before I could turn around to see who it was, I slipped. Someone caught me in the nick of time and that someone was Logan. Yet again, of course, it was him. The gods must hate me.

I was fully aware that we were pressed against each other and my face was currently buried in his shoulder and I was just drinking in his scent. He gently placed me down so I was back on my feet.

"Didn't mean to startle you. John asked me to come get you from your office but you weren't there.."

"It's fine. Thanks." we went down to the lobby and it was quiet all the way down in the elevator. I couldn't help but ignore the constant tingle that was there. I mean I felt it when I was in his arms. Oh those strong sculpted--

"Tatiana? Are you ok?" John was somehow in front of my now.

"Yea um sorry. Where are we headed to?" so turns out, he was taking me out later tonight to a club. So I decided to invite the girls who were close to me in the office. They came over to my place and we got ready together. It was just the 3 of us. Stacey was the fun blonde and Kia was the more serious type brunette.