Act 1 part 7; We had sex

Scene:  School is over and Emma is walking home. Normally she catches the bus but this day she wanted to avoid being around people as much as she could. She just wanted to think and relax.

New Character: Dave

About him: He is Emma’s dad. He works as an electrician. His wife/Emma’s mum left when she was 7 and her dad has had to raise two daughters. He is very expectant of Emma as the oldest to be the mum for Rosie.

*Emma can hear someone calling out her name but she ignores it. She continues to walk pretending she can’t hear them. Then that person runs to her and she can’t avoid it any longer*

Em: WHAT? *spins around, then see’s Criss* Oh!

Criss: Emma, I didn’t see you at school today?

Em: You don’t go to my school.

Criss: Ah-huh! That must be it then.

*Emma continues walking and he walks next to her*

Em: What are you doing?

Criss: What do you mean?

Em: Are you following me

Criss: Nope-no-never- I just happen to be walking in this direction and thought we could share the footpath together.

Em: Were walking on grass

Criss: Oh C’mon Emma, I’m trying here. I’m trying to make an effort with you but you’re making it impossible.

Em: Then give up!

Criss: But I don’t want to.

Em: Why is it soo important that we must date again huh?

Criss: Emma, we- because I still really like you. And I always have.

Em: You are so goddam cheesy. Grow some balls and come back. *Walks even faster*

Criss: Oh I see *runs to catch up then continues walking* you want a guy who will treat you like crap. Who doesn’t return your phone call, who tells you to piss off when he’s with his mates- who only calls for you when he’s horny! Is that the sort of guy you want?

Em: That’s the sort of guy you were!

Criss: I-

Em: Now you know! You did those things to me every day Criss and I still gave into you! I was so stupid for only realising it before it was too late, that I should’ve left from the start! We are young and in high school. So why do you have to dramatize this like were characters from bold and the beautiful?

Criss: *softly* I hate that show

Em: So do I

Criss: But I am different now- Isn’t it obvious?

Em: Then go be obviously different with another girl, geez.

Criss: Emma, Why is it so hard for you to understand that I want you back!

Em: Because No one wants me!! *Blurts it out. She cannot believe she just said that and continues to walk even faster*

Criss: I do.

Em: You don’t.

Criss: Yes, I do.

Em: No you don’t, its-

Criss: Yes, I do.

Em: Agh, Criss please. Let me be. You know one of those movies where the mum or the friend intervenes and says “If you love her you’ll leave her” Well-THAT!