Act 2 part 3; The "sleeping" or lack of

NOTE: Sorry for the swearing (for those that don’t like it), it’s for effect.

Scene: Emma and Riley went back to the campsite. Emma told everyone she just went for a swim and got a cramp so Riley had to jump in to get her. Monique got upset and didn’t talk to Riley all day.

They are in their tents. Riley and Monique are in the small tent. Emma is lying awake in her tent, while Rachel and Darren are fast asleep at the other end of the tent (not cuddling).

*Emma hears a rustle outside but pays no attention to it, knowing that animals come at night to scavenge for food. Then something bumps into the tent where her feet are and she sits up straight in shock, freaking herself out a little bit. She tells herself the creature just tripped over one of the ropes. Rachel and Darren stir a little bit but don’t wake up completely. Then a bright light shines through the side of her tent and she freaks out. She sits quietly for a while then the light moves away*  

Em: Darren!! Darren Wake UP *She shakes him*

Darren: Em, Shut up *he’s half asleep*

Em: Darren, there’s someone out there. I’m really scared.

Rachel: hmm, *stirs in her sleep* what’s going on?

Darren: Emma, what’s going on?? *sits up suddenly, realising something’s wrong*

Em: At first I thought it was an animal, but then it shook the tent and then there was a light, like from a torch. Someone’s out there.

Darren: Emma, don’t worry about it, it’s probably someone camping a few meters away and forgot where he left his campsite.

*The light comes back on again and shines into the tent*

Darren: Shh, everyone Shh.

Rachel: Oh my God *whispers* She sits up into Darren and he puts his arms over her.

Em: Oh great guys, so I’ll just die then

Darren: Shhhh.

*The light goes off again*

Darren: *To Rachel* Are you okay?

Rachel: Yeah, I was just a little scared.

Em: *Whispers to herself* Oh my God.

Rachel: I’m alright now.

Darren: Good.

Em: What if he had attacked? I’m left here all defenceless.

Darren: Shh, he could still be around.

*THE SHRILL SOUND OF MONIQUE SCREAMING RUNS THROUGH THE NIGHT*

Em: Oh my God.

*There’s a big rush and Emma, Rachel and Darren are scrambling over each other to get out of the tent. Rachel is carrying a torch, Darren’s holding his flip flop and Emma is holding a thick tree branch*

Rachel: What the hell is going on?!?

Darren: *throws his thong at the shadow of the man standing over Monique’s tent*

Em: Don’t throw away you’re fucking weapon, know whatever will we do *sarcasm*

Darren: Back the fuck off man, we will hurt you!

Man: Relax *walks into Rachel’s light* It’s just me, Criss.

Em: Oh God, you absolute Dickhead*sighs* you scared the living shit out of me *hits him on his arm with the branch*

*Criss grabs it and throws it away*

Criss: You know how long it took me to find you!

Em: I thought you were only arriving in the morning?