New Beginning

"I no longer have a son. . ." The words go over and over in my head what am I going to do? All the memories of my father begin to show the old days when we were happy snapped out of my thoughts my phone rings I get up and go to my room slowly trying not to disturb Denise I sit in my bed "hello?" I answer "oppa?" It's my sister "hey" she sighs "oh Thank God I thought something happened to you. You just stormed out of the hospital"

I lay back "yeah I was feeling tired so I came home" "ah" she replies I'm not even going to bother asking for my father he made it very clear that he doesn't care about me "have you eaten?" She asks as usual always caring about me "no" I say "don't worry about dad it's just the painkillers talking" i look up "it's okay I don't mean anything to him you are the only child he has now" I hear her gasp " don't talk like that Jae! He's just delusional he will talk with you again he's not that angry" I shake my head "no he means it this time he doesn't want me" I hear a knock at the door "come in" I say I tell my sister that I have to go I end the call and lay on my bed. I look down at Denise "you're up?" She nods "yeah I can't sleep anymore" I look at my watch and it's 12:45am "wow!" I say and sit up "I'm going home now" Denise says I pout and put my head down to tease her I don't want her to go "can't you stay over? You only live next door"

Denise

Stay over? Stay over? He's pouting I laugh at him "don't do that" I tell him while pointing my finger "he gets up and walks towards me "why? Is it working?" I shake my head and laugh and walk to the door I put my shoes on "come on at least stay just one night?" I shake my head " I got laundry to do and cleaning and papers to mark " and out of no where he kisses me and stops.

Slowly moving back "that didn't work" I say and smile "Denise! " he says out of frustration I find it funny and laugh but I should really stay with him he's going through a lot "alright I will stay" I take my shoes off he holds my hand "you want some tea?" I nod my head. Akio goes to the kitchen and boils the kettle for tea he takes out two mugs I watch his tall body his long arms just reach for everything and make the tea he gives me a mug we sit at the dinning table and drink in silence "are you okay?" I ask him he smiles "yeah" and holds my hand he's hurting but he's not telling me he's just trying to be strong "oh" he says he gets up and goes to his room a few minutes later comes back with a jumper and pyjama bottoms that will be way too long for me "here " he says I take them I breathe in and out slowly "how's everything with your dad?" He looks at the floor and shakes his head "it's okay" I say and go to his room to change.

In his room I fold my clothes and place them in a chair and pack my hair in a loose messy bun and stare at his guitar the red guitar that I've seen him play so many times I touch it and pick it up it's quite heavy then place it down not knowing that he came in "nice huh? " I jump and scream he bursts out laughing holding his stomach "don't do that!" I slap his arm and sit at the edge of his bed "sorry" he says and cuddles me "can you play the guitar?" He asks me I shake my head I really have no idea how to Akio nods and gets up grabbing his guitar "hold it" he says I hold it firmly admiring the colour and the notes Akio sits behind me with his head on my right shoulder and places his hands on top of mine directing me "okay when you hold this one here" his left finger on top of mine "you play it here" using my hand to play on the right I nod my head we play a tune together very slowly before getting into the rhythm. Then I try it on my own "awesome!" He says and kisses my cheek "can you play something for me?" I ask he nods and takes the guitar and sits in the floor he plays a song one that I've never heard all of a sudden he begins to sing:

When the world has pulled you down
I'll be there for you
When you're lonely and need a friend
I'll be there for you
I'll be the one you need you see you breathe nothing in this world can take you from me
I''ll be there

A tear falls from my eye I have never felt so connected to a song I saw the pain in his eyes and felt it I wipe my eyes as a loud banging noise comes from the wall and a voice "hey! Stop that noise!" The old man next door we laugh as Akio puts his guitar down and sits next to me "you liked it?" He asks as I nod "yeah" he turns and faces me "you like it that much?" I look at him as he grins and wipes my face he cuddles me. We hold on for a while it was as of we both needed a hug he let's go and lays down on the bed "my dad has given up on me. . . . I don't care" I lay next to him "he's upset now but he will be fine just keep doing what you are doing" he looks up "all because of my music! It's what I want to do . . . Sometimes I feel as if I've wasted my life. . . You know? My mother used to be an opera singer and she could play the piano she taught me how to sing and always went to my talent shows" I nod " since you know you've got your mothers support then forget about your dad" he shakes his head "I only wanted to make him happy" I hold his hand "it's okay and you will! Once he sees how successful you are! Look at me Akio" he looks at me "you have such a great talent. You are great at what you do I haven't seen anyone grab people attention like you do you are blessed with a voice and looks of an angel and if your father can't realise that now? He will soon so don't worry about him." I stroke his hair from his face as he leans in and kisses me he whispers in my ear "I love you Denise".right then I froze not knowing what to say though I feel the same way about him I look at him and smile "when I make it . . . I want you there with me" he says with the biggest smile on his face And kisses me.