The Break Up

It''s Saturday afternoon, I feel the heat of the sun burning on my face through the window.

I'm on the sofa with my blanket covering my legs and tissues all over the floor, I sit up and scratch my head remembering the argument I had two nights ago with Brandon.

He just yelled and walked out on me I can't believe he's gone.

I saw a picture of him on my friend's facebook page at a party all hugged up with a girl ON MY BIRTHDAY! He said he was at home that night with a cold that's why he couldn't come to see me.

I didn't know what to think or say, all I knew was that I couldn't be without him.

We've been together since school and I haven't been with anyone else, he's my first love I pick up my phone and text him:

Brandon hope you are okay? I know you said some things

last night that you probably didn't mean

It's fine I forgive you I miss you.xx

I put the phone down and stare at my TV and look around my place.

My doorbell rings I slowly walk to the corridor "who is it?" I ask, "ME! Open up!"

I stamp my feet wishing I didn't shout, it's my sister Jalissa I open the door and cover my eyes from the sunlight.

Bursting into my house "look at you! you're a mess! do you know what time it is?" I scratch my head and step aside for her to enter as she babbles on.

My neighbour opposite me steps out carrying his guitar he looks at me then makes his way downstairs.

Gosh! from what I hear he doesn't talk or smile or anything!

I close my door after watching him leave then go to the bathroom I take a shower and dress up.

I step out of my room wearing a pair of white shorts and a yellow short sleeved button shirt with my hair tied up in a bun and look at my reflection smiling at myself.

My sister looks at the tissues all over the floor "Brandon again?" I sigh "Sis, when are you going to have some common sense? he doesn't love you." I shake my head "You don't-" Jalissa chimes in along with me saying "know him like I do" I slap her arm "but you don't."

Jalissa stands up "Denise look at yourself huh? where's my happy little sister that was full of life? where's my sister that said no man can control me."

I look at her "oh that's right, I forgot she fell in love. . . . with a fool! you need to remember that love is blind so don't ever think you can still see, I'll be downstairs."

My sister leaves I look at myself taking in everything she said it hit's me. I've been with Brandon since school and I haven't BEEN with anyone else. I've let him control my life, even when we broke up back then I would stay and wait for him to come back. . . .does that mean he went out with other girls?

I've been a fool for so long and he hasn't even replied to my text. I pick up the tissues from the floor and clear up my sofa slap my slippers on and go out.

At the cafe I still think about what my sister said, my relationship with Brandon has been quite boring I do need something more. . . . maybe it's time I DO let him go.

I take out my phone and text him "What are you doing?" Jalissa asks "texting Brandon" she reaches for my phone as I move my hand away "don't worry, don't worry" I begin texting;

Brandon forget the text I sent you earlier, I don't forgive or miss you. I want you to forget all about me because that's what I'm going to do with you.

I've spent too long in a boring loveless relationship with a two faced double tounged snake like you.

Have a wonderful life!

I sigh after sending the text my sister snatches my phone and burtsts out laughing we high five each other and drink our frappachinos.

"What you said really got to me sis, thanks for bringing me back to Earth" she smiles "that's what I'm here for" I smile and glance out of the window it's my neighbour walking past with his big guitar.

I wonder where he is going? he steps into the cafe I put my shades on to cover my eyes and not to make it seem like I'm stalking him.

He sits at the other side of the cafe my sister looks at him "oh it's your weird neighbour again" I slap her "don't say that you don't know him! she shrugs "so single sexy and free lady what do you want to do tonight?" I shrug "don't know Patrice says there's a gig going on at Waldo's tonight wanna come? you can stay at my place."

My sister nods we get up and leave we go past the cafe as i look at Mr Mysterious through the window i don't know why i'm so bothered about him. I mean he's cute and quiet.