9

Matt's POV

"Have you seen Karen?" I asked Jenna. She left without me after Mr. Moffat's class.

Jenna shrugged," I dunno." then, she said," Speaking of Karen... don't you think she and David would look good together? I mean, they're both Scottish and-"

The idea of Karen dating David- or any other guy, for that matter, seemed horribly wrong. I know that sounded selfish of me, but I said coldly," Yeah, and Mr. Moffat is Scottish too, I bet they'd be a fantastic couple. "Oi, what about the First Minister of Scotland? I bet Karen would love that."

Jenna stood there with widened eyes and looked shocked for a few seconds. "I-er- nevermind I said anything, sorry," Jenna stuttered.

"Sorry, I overreacted," I said, a bit embarrased I acted that way.

Jenna smiled, though I sensed it was forced. "See you around." I hope I didn't scare Jenna away.

"Hey Matt. There you are. I think we should talk," Arthur said.

"What about?" I asked.

Arthur looked around to make sure nobody was listening, and he said," Karen."

Why was everybody talking to me about Karen today? "Do you reckon she should go out with David?" I said crossly.

Arthur wore the same shocked expression Jenna had earlier. "Easy there, mate. I was going to say that Karen fancies you , actually."

My heart did a somersault. "Karen? Karen Gillan?"

Arthur gave me an odd look. "Yes, that's the only Karen we both know."

Karen fancies me. Karen Gillan fancies me. No, that couldn't be. "Why do you think that?" I asked. I tried to sound as casual as possible.

"Earlier I told her I thought you fancied Billie and she looked completely jealous and upset about it," Arthur explained.

I froze. "You told Karen I fancied Billie? Why the hell would you say that, Arthur Darvill?! I can't believe you upset Karen- technically I upset Karen. Oh my god." I really hoped Karen didn't actually believe Arthur. Arthur also said Karen was upset. I glared at Arthur and left the main building. Just then, two girls were putting up poster for the School Formal. "Torchwood Secondary Prom", it said. It also said that this was happening next week. I knew just what I had to do to convince Karen I didn't fancy BIllie.