Chapter 5

"Emma? What do you mean?" Zoey asks sitting down on my bed next to me.

"I don't know," I say hesitantly, "I guess I just overwhelmed myself a little just thinking about-" I nearly gag out "-dating Logan."

Nicole laughs, "Don't worry, we all gag thinking about dating Logan Reese."

I laugh, "Is that because he's a complete jerk?"

"UMM YEAH!" Nicole replies, "He is so different around you, though. He is… nice"

"Yeah, no offense, Em, but Logan kind of is a jerk," Zoey says, "Has he always been that way?"

"Nah, not always," I say. He was never really a jerk to me, and he wasn't as big of a jerk as these people at PCA make him out to be, but he had his moments. He wasn't really a jerk until the summer we were going into 7th grade.

"Hey Nicole, Brett Smith is looking for you," some girl stops in the room to say.

Nicole beams. She never shuts up about Brett. She runs out the door with a squeal and says "BYE GUYS!" and runs out as a confused Lola walks into the room and shuts the door.

"What was that all a-"

"Brett Smith," I say, cutting off Lola.

"Oh. Makes sense," Lola replies.

"So, uh, if you don't mind me asking, what made Logan become such a jerk?" Zoey ask. You can see the curiosity in her eyes. I don't know if I should talk about it, Zoey and Lola seem trustworthy, though.

"Wait. Logan was a nice person?" Lola asks, "I have heard rumors around campus that he is the biggest jerk that anyone's ever met!" she adds, which kind of stings a little. Just hearing about how people think that Logan is a bad person make me upset. He is my best friend and we always stick up for each other, which is kind of what leads to how Logan became a big jerk.

"Umm, yeah. If I tell you two, these words can't ever leave this room or even be repeated WITHIN this room." I say. I have to stay devoted to my best friend AND have to trust the girls who will be my best friends for the next four years. Even though I have been here for only 3 days, I trust these girls so much.

"Oh yeah totally!" Zoey says, "Not even Nicole?"

"Not even Nicole," me and Lola say at the same time. We fist bump to that and all three of us laugh.

"Ok, now get to the story, Emma," Zoey says.

"Ok, well, uh, we were at this Summer hockey camp 2 years ago…"

*FLASHBACK*

"Way to go Em!" my brother, Trevor, says as he skates up to me. I still can't believe that Trevor's coach wants me on the Triple A Bantam team, a year ahead of where I'm at!

Before I know it, Logan is giving me a hug, but falls on top of me because, I don't know, he tripped over his skate or something. "Congrats girly! You excited to be playing with the big kids next season?"

I smile, "Yeah, yeah. Now get off of me, I gotta get my gear off!"

We both laugh as we stand up. "Hey I left my Gatorade bottle on the bench. Tell Coach I will be in the locker room in a sec." I say to Logan.

I get my Gatorade and skate back to see Logan just standing next to the locker room.

"Come on, Logs, move it," I say.

"No," he sternly says. What the heck? Logan Reese has never snapped at me like that in the years that I have known him. Then I hear it.

"You saw that little 7th grader right?" I hear a voice say. I recognize it as Derek Gardener. Ew.

"Who, Trev's little sister?" another voice says.

"No. That annoying rich kid, Logan. The one who can't skate to save his life," Derek says.

OK. THAT'S IT. I try to get past Logan but he just pushes me back. I look at him sternly, but have to do a double take. Is he… crying?

"Oh my gosh Logan," I say as I give him a hug, but he just pushes me off and I hear the rest-

"Come on, man, he's not that bad. It's just that he's so caught up by Baby Kane over there, wishing he could be just as good as that little priss." a completely different voice, which I recognize as Jimmy Gordon, says.

All the boys laugh, and I am just left with a dropped jaw.

"Oh yeah, totally," Derek adds, "are we sure that Logan is the boy and Baby Kane is the girl in this, because it seems like the complete opposite. Logan is more of a priss than her and he couldn't be strong if his life depended on it."

That's all it took. In a matter of seconds, Logan was on top of Derek, beating the crap out of him.

"DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT EMMIE LIKE THAT AGAIN!" he yells. Woah. I feel like this my fault. I gotta stop it.

"Guys, stop, you need to relax-"

"Oh look it's Baby Kane standing up for her boyfriend, who I'm sure she didn't know was a boy," Derek adds.

"SHE HAS A NAME!" Logan yells as he pounds on Derek's face. Thank goodness Logan still has his helmet on.

"BOYS STOP!" Coach Sean says, "I don't ever want to see this again. Jimmy, what are you doing fighting with a boy who is half your size? Now get changed."

As Logan stands up, he looks at Derek and says, "Ok. Say I'm a wuss. I will prove you completely wrong you idiot. Oh yeah, and I wouldn't be criticizing my skating if I were you because not only am I better than you, but I'm hotter than you."

I can't believe it. Logan Reese just told off a Freshman, beat him up, said some mean things, AND called himself HOT!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry that took so long! I have a few chapters written, but I have been so busy that I never got the chance to post them. I hope you like it though!