Chapter 16

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth"

"Come on Emma, you choose truth every time!" Dean says with a laugh.

"Well you pick dare every time!" I say with a giggle, "Maybe I just want to learn the truth about you!"

"And maybe YOU should be a little more daring."

"Well not this time, I'm sticking with truth," I proudly respond. This date with Dean has been one of the best yet. He took me out to dinner at this really great Italian place. After that, we went to get ice cream at my favorite place around here and then we walked to the park with our ice cream. Not to mention the park is totally empty right now. Just me, Dean, and the sunset.

"Alright, Emma, who was your first kiss?"

Oh no. I thought things were going great until THAT was the question he asked me. What do I do? It is TRUTH or dare and I did choose truth. I never lie about anything in general. Maybe I can just say it was Logan and not mention when it was. But then Dean will get suspicious. Or maybe he will just assume it was when we were kids. That's a good plan. Just as I come up with that plan, Dean sees the fear in my eyes and says,

"Alright how about WHEN was your first kiss if you don't feel comfortable with saying who had the honor."

Ok, now I just gotta lie.

"I-uh...Um, I haven't," I blurt out.

"You haven't had your first kiss?"

"Uh, no-I mean, yeah. I have not had my first kiss," I say hesitantly.

Dean sees how nervous I am. Oh no, I hope he's not catching on. I am an awful liar and I really like Dean. He can't know about what Logan did today. But Dean smiles.

"Well, I can change that for you."

And before I know it, his lips are pressed against mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"EMMA!"

I'm tackled by a bunch of girls the moment that I step into my room. I push Lola, Zoey, and Nicole off of me. When I'm finally able to pull myself off of the ground, I walk over to my bed and just look at the 3 girls.

"So, what was the tackle for?" I ask.

"DEAN!" They all squeal.

"Okay. What about him?" I say. It's nothing new to me or them that I'm seeing Dean. It's not a secret to anyone: everyone at PCA basically knows about Dean and I having a thing or whatever it is we are.

"He asked you out!" Nicole says.

"THE DEAN PETERSON IS YOUR BOYFRIEND!" Lola says.

"Okay, why are you jumping to conclusions like that," I say, "Who ever said that me and Dean are dating?" I mean, they aren't wrong. After Dean kissed me and a few more rounds of truth or dare, he asked me to be his girlfriend. We hadn't said anything to anybody though, I didn't want Logan to find out just yet, so that meant nobody finds out just yet. Logan would be crushed if he wasn't the first to find out and, given our current circumstance, he'd be even more crushed than ever.

"Um, let us pull up your Snapchat story!" Lola says, "Zoey, do the honors."

Zoey pulls out her phone and opens the app, "So here we go to your story. First is a video of Dean dancing-"

"Woah he is so hot," Nicole says.

"Back off of her man, Nicole!" Zoey says, "AND you interrupted me!"

"Oops, sorry!" Nicole says with a giggle, causing me to laugh too.

"Alright Zoey, get back to whatever you want to prove please," I say.

"Oh right, so anyways after the cute video of Dean dancing, wait were you playing truth or dare? How were you able to get Dean to-"

"Yes, Zoey, continue!" I impatiently say.

"Alright, alright! SO next you have a picture of you and Dean ANNDDDD..." Zoey exits the app and goes to her photos and clicks on an image, "YOU'RE DATING!"

I look at the picture, which is zoomed in from my story. It's zoomed in to just my hand. You can clearly see my Claddagh ring being worn the way that a taken girl wears it. Gosh, they are so observant.

"How did you even notice that! I didn't even know you guys knew what the ring meant!" I say, still surprised at their ability to notice something so small.

"We didn't!" Nicole says.

"What? Then how'd you know?" I respond, even more confused.

"Well, an hour after you posted it, us girls were all so ready to ask you how your date went, you know, like usual. Just the same old questions, which includes if he has asked you out yet. It wasn't until Zoey got a text from Logan that-"

"Why did Logan text Zoey?" I say in a slightly defensive manner. Okay I am dating the hottest guy in school, Zoey could so date Logan if she wants. But why would she want to do that? I'd hate that!

"That's what I was getting to!" Nicole says, "anyways, Logan texted Zoey with that screenshot asking when you and Dean started dating and Zoey responded 'what? Since when have they been dating?' and was confused because you hadn't told us anything and Logan would be the first to know so obviously something was happening but Logan seemed uninformed and that he just knew from someone that wasn't you. But anyways, that's when he sent Zoey the picture we just showed you, zoomed in to the ring. He explained the ring to her then and that's when we realized that Dean asked you out tonight!"

All 3 girls squeal with excitement.

"Did he kiss you?" Lola asks.

"Yeah," I respond, still shook from what they had just told me.

"OMG YOU HAD YOUR FIRST KISS, THAT WAS YOUR FIRST KISS AND IT WAS FROM DEAN PETERSON!" Nicole squeals.

All 3 girls come and hug me with excitement! "Emma, you had your first kiss today! How does it feel?" Zoey asks.

My first kiss? It was something.

My second kiss? THAT was with Dean Peterson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A big THANK YOU to everyone who has been reading! I really hope you're liking it and love to hear what you think! Sorry the update took so long, I've been busy. But you can look forward to updates on this story and Turning Tables within the next 2 weeks, there will probably be quite a few. My boyfriend won't be back until July 1st so I won't be super busy until he gets back.

Also, I just posted chapter 2 of my other story, Turning Tables. It's just getting started so there is nothing too interesting yet but bear with me, I promise it will be good. Once that one gets to 100 reads I'll update and add Chapter 3 to it! Hope you enjoy that one (and this one too, of course!!)