Chapter 11

"So, where we off to now?" I say with a smile as Dean and I walk out of the restaurant. We just had a nice dinner, where I learned that he plays baseball, loves monkeys, and lives only an hour from my hometown! He told me he had more in store after dinner, so I'm excited to see what it is!

"You'll see," he says, flashing me that perfect smile that causes me to melt inside every time.

"Aw come on, Dean! I love surprises but can't stand the suspense!" I say. In return, he just looks at me with a smirk that speaks for itself, telling me that he knows I'll love what he has planned.

As we're walking to wherever Dean's surprise location is for part two of this date, we have a nice conversation. We learn that we come from similar families: Our parents our both pretty strict on rules, yet loving and extremely caring. He really loves his family and is close with them, I can tell. Although I'm the middle of 3 siblings and he's the oldest of 3, the middle sibling in his family is his sister, Savannah, and the youngest is his brother, Billy, so it's the same setup as my family! Two boys and a girl in the middle! And, get this, Savannah is the same age as my brother, Ryan! Maybe they'll both come to PCA and become friends. How cool would that be?

"So does Ryan play hockey too?" Dean asks

"Yes, all 3 of us do" I reply, "how about your siblings? What do they do?"

"Well, Billy plays hockey and baseball. He'd love you considering you play hockey, you gotta meet him some day!" Dean says.

"How about Savannah?" I ask.

"Oh, Savannah does cheerleading and volleyball. She's hoping she'll be able to balance both of them next year."

"Oh I'm sure she will, I was easily able to manage volleyball with everything else I got involved in." Dean smiles.

"Yeah, im sure she'll figure it out," he responds.

As we're approaching what I'm assuming is Dean's surprise location, I feel something touch my hand. I look down to realize that it's Dean, reaching his hand out to hold mine. Oh boy oh boy, he wants to hold my hand! I gently accept his offer, interlocking my fingers with his. As I do this he looks down at me, smiling as his cheeks turn a bright red, which relieves me because now I know I'm not the only one who's face is bright red right now.

We continue to walk hand in hand until we reach water. I look down, up, and around me. The sun is setting and the sky is beautiful! The colors around me take me aback, but in a good way. Dean notices.

"I knew you'd like it, Emma," he smiles. His dimples are showing. They're hot. Like him.

"I- It's leaving me speechless. Wow, Dean, this is beautiful!"

"Just like you, princess" I hear from a voice that clearly isn't Dean.

Both Dean and I turn around and what we see only causes Dean to put his arm around me and pull close to him.