Doomed or Lucky?

When people ask why I was requested by Fire Lord Ozai to sail all around the world, with his son Prince Zuko and his older brother Former General Iroh to look for the MISSING Avatar, I just have to think myself, I knew I had started at a young age serving in the Fire Nation army and made General at 12 and not lost a single battle in my time, it seemed a waste to just throw me into this situation. But then I remember the event it all started when I finished my battle with my soldiers in the Earth Kingdom, we had again won the battle and were heading home.....

....We departed the ship, I wanted to go home but I couldn't as now both my parents being dead there was no reason for me to go home and I had to debrief the Fire Lord on the battle, along with attending a War meeting. I watch all my soldiers depart the ship along with all the cargo making sure nothing goes wrong. Once everything was done, it was time to go to my assigned room to get ready for the War meeting that would be taking place that afternoon.

I made it to the assigned room, I put my bag on the bed and went for my soothing bath, after that I got dressed into my clothes ready for the War meeting, I was the only female and way younger than anyone in that room so it was always uncomfortable for me but I pushed through. Once I finished my bath and dressed in my clothes I had time before I had to leave, I began to write out reports of my time in the battle I had been in with my soldiers and soon it was time to go to the War Room. I saw the rest of the Generals making their way as I closed my door and walked alongside them on the walk to the War Room with a strange feeling in my stomach, an almost ominous feeling.

We walked down the hallway on our way to the War Room, I still had the ominous feeling in my stomach as I got closer to the room, once we turned the corner onto the hallway where the War Room was, I could see a boy about my age, he was arguing with the guards out front of the War Room, he was Prince Zuko, you know the rest of this.

Once inside The War Chamber which is a temple like-chamber, with a throne on a dais, wreathed in fire and the back wall is occupied by some sort of huge, ornately carved red statue. We all sat in our seats surrounding a map of the Earth Kingdom, we could all still hear Prince Zuko demanding to go side, but I didn't want someone almost pure to come inside to this horrible room. But my wishes were ignored and Prince Zuko along with Former General Iroh came into the room but just to observe the War Council. "We shall begin with the debriefing of General Rin and her men in the battle of the Great Divide." One of the General's announced, he was trying to make me a fool but it always backfired on them as I got my from my seat, all eyes were on me, I could feel the shock coming from Prince Zuko as he saw that I was his age and female, it was always shocking to people.

"It was successful, we were finished early than we thought, we only lost three men but captured 17 of the Earth Kingdom soldiers that are now on their way to the Boiling Rock prison." I debriefed quickly as there wasn't really much to tell them, and sat back down.

"Thank you, General Rin, now let's get to business shall we." He announced holding a grim look as he said this and one of the Generals to the left of the room stood to address the rest of us.

"The Earth Kingdom defences are concentrated here." He informed us as the Fire Lord sat on his throne watching over us discussing the situation. "A dangerous battalion of their strongest Earthbenders and fiercest warriors, so I am recommending the 41st division." He suggested to the room.

"But the 41st is entirely new recruits. How do you expect them to defeat a powerful Earth Kingdom battalion?" An older General questioned him.

"He doesn't. They'll be used as a distraction while he mounts an attack from the rear." I cutted in coldly looking at the General in disgust at the very thought.

"What better to use as bait then fresh meat?" The General asked the room rhetorically.

"You can't sacrifice an entire division like that! Those soldiers love and defend our nation! How can you betray them?" Prince Zuko jumped up to defend those soldiers, we all looked back at Prince Zuko, some clearly disapproving of Prince Zuko's outburst. This was not good, he had now offended Fire Lord Ozai, it was now time for an Agni Kai.

I protested against this, it was horrible, Prince Zuko would still go on with the Agni Kai against the Fire Lord, all the General's had to be present at the time, though I did not want to be there. I stood at the far back of the crowd, Prince Zuko fight was in a rectangular arena with a large crowd on either side, I was with the rest of the Generals and watched him drop his ceremonial cloak to the floor, exposing his bare chest. He turned to face his opponent, and recognized him to be his Father, Fire Lord Ozai, he froze up in horror.

In the arena, a much larger opponent silhouetted advances slowly towards Zuko making the poor boy terrified. "Please, Father, I only had the fire nation's best interest at heart! I'm sorry I spoke out of turn!" Zuko pleads with his father for mercy. The Fire Lord advanced, still a silhouette against the fires burnt around the arena. He too was shirtless but built massively compared to others.

"You will fight for your honour." Fire Lord Ozai ordered him.

"I meant you no disrespect. I am your loyal son." Zuko pleaded, stricken as he tried to humble himself towards his father on the floor.

"Rise and fight, Prince Zuko!" Fire Lord Ozai ordered him sharply.

"I won't fight you." Zuko stood his ground against his Father still in a pleading tone.

"You will learn respect, and suffering will be your teacher." Fire Lord Ozai warned his son and stood a few feet from Zuko, as he raised his tear-filled face to his Father. I glared at the Fire Lord as he fired a blast at his only Son illuminating the crowd, then followed by a scream of anguish from Prince Zuko, I knew that pain, as he would now have a scar over his eye like I had on my right shoulder. I couldn't stand it anymore and walked out of the room, which seen could be seen as disrespectful to the Fire Lord, but I couldn't watch it anymore.

It was a day after the events of the Agni Kai, I had heard that Prince Zuko was in the healing house, he hadn't regained consciousness just yet. I was in my room when I heard a knock at the door, I opened it to find a messenger that told me to go to see the Fire Lord. Oh no.

I walked into the Fire Lord's Throne Room, he sat on his throne, flames bursting from the ground in front of him as usual. He seemed angry due to the Agni Kai. "I have called you, General Rin to assign you a new mission." The Fire Lord addressed me, I stood to attention waiting for this so-called new mission he was going to put me on, it had to be important, something that needed someone like me. "As you know, my disappointment of a son has been banished from the Fire Nation as punishment for losing against me in the Agni Kai and my brother Iroh has decided to go along with him. Now I want you to accompany them, on this mission I have given him is to find the long-lost Avatar, your mission is to try and sabotage finding the Avatar if you believe he is close to finding the Avatar, and report back to me if you believe it is of importance. As I am aware of your spies in the Earth Kingdom, even in the North Pole." He told me, I couldn't believe he was giving his son such a harsh task to complete, it was almost impossible and one that could never be completed.

"Understood Fire Lord, I wish to serve you in any way I can." I agreed to the mission, even if I should not return to the Fire Nation I would not have much to miss.

I walked into my assigned room, it was tidy and I was already packed, we would be leaving late today and I knew I needed help keeping an eye on the Fire Lord, Azula and the Generals, I needed Nishi and Eiji, they were servants in the Fire Nation Palace and could get into every room unnoticed, it was perfect.

To this day I still hate that I agreed in some way to the mission but so much good came out of it, like falling in love with Zuko, having crazy adventures and meeting new allies in the fight and seeing old ones. But I must help on the day of the Black Sun!

A/N: Hi there its DeadGirlEternal here and this is the final chapter in Book 2, the next book is out now so just go onto my stories it's 'Avatar: Last Airbender - Fire Lady Rin' so please don't forget to review, favourite and follow, see ya soon!