4. Follow me

Arianna could hear the trees rustling and the wind scowling as she pulled up into the dark, empty car-park. She had to come in at 7am since she had a meeting to attend first thing in the morning. All because she had called a guardian an 'arrogant ass' which was hardly swearing, more of an insult. But she had to face the consequence of her words. Always think before you speak Anna, her fathers words cametumbing at her. However, was Principal Bates really going to fire her for saying something so trivial? The fear she had been suppressing came rushing back.

Never had Arianna felt the such a need to speak to someone in such a manner beforebut with Mr Jones, he was just urgh, so intimidating and snobbish, she just had to speak and attempt to put him back in his place. Something to show him that she wasn't weak, although ironically that was supposed to be her character in this chapter of her life. However instead of wiping the arrogance away, he smiled! The small smile that it had been, was captivating. She was going to crawl back into the shell and never lose her temper again, she vowed to herself. Nonetheless, she doubted that she'd see him again.

Arianna sighed as she pulled one of the double doors when she felt a presence behind her. The cleaner probably, so she held the door open behind her long enough for the person to grab hold of it. But the gaze that bore into her back told her soemthing else. She didn't look back, it'd be awkward and she just knew that it was not the cleaner.

'Thanks,' The deep voice said. Darn it! It was him. It couldn't and she was simply imagining the deep, husky voice. Most men had deep voices but his had been unique, it had an edge to it, spiked with danger and mystery. She kept walking calmly, trying to dismiss her irritability.

The sound of black heels clicked on the smooth polished corridors and another pair of shoes echoed after. Men's shoes; expensive Italian brogues most probably. Automatically she found herself waking a little faster. She walked down the stairs and the following continued. Great why did the Principal's office have to be all the way on the other side of the building, on the 3d floor? She opened another door. Should she hold it open, and of course she did. There was nothing she hated more than doors being slammed in her face and i was not going to do the same, although this man deserved it.

'I'm not following you. ' Arianna couldn't help but turn her head sightly to acknowledge him. The sharp navy suit, sharp jaw and the harrowing aura was as magnetizing as before.

'Of course not.' She mumbled.

This continued for the next few corridors. She felt nervous and conscience of her body. The way she walked and every movement she was making. She felt the edge to sway her hips but stopped herself. What was she thinking? Why did she feel the need to impress him, and by using her body? She was stooping low, and another rule was being broken: the rule of no seduction. She didn't dress to impress and nor did she ever think it appropriate to use her body for sexual enticement. She was going to pray the Saltul-tawba, the prayer of asking for forgiveness as soon as it was lunchtime.

Arianna reached the the lift. There was no way she was going to take the stairs and using the lift was a privilege for the teachers. The pupils had to use the stairs which she was grateful for. Imagine the hoards of teens that would scrambled to take the lift instead of the stairs making the stereotype of teenagers being lazy literally become a reality.

She pressed the button and rushed in as the door opened straight away. The door begun shutting when a hand stopped it. She almost rolled her eyes as Mr Jones appeared. As he walked in calmly, the atmosphere intensified. She moved to the corner of the lift and shoved her hand into the pocket of the grey straight leg trousers she was wearing along with a matching grey blazer and black blouse, with her hair in the usual tight bun.