Chapter 7: Assembly, A new friend and a sweet experience

The girls all waited in the hall; they sat in their respected groups and the staff and leaders were keeping order until the headmistress arrived. Jinx sat down next to Kate and Natalia at the Individuals table, her friends sat at their clique tables making sure no chaos occurred.

“What’s going on?” Kate asked.

She along with the rest of the school had been told to leave the classroom due to an incident in the Charms classrooms. Rumours spread like wildfire about what had happened but so far only the students in the class knew the full story.

“Well, we were learning the charm liquidatous in class and a Geek decided to conjure up some potion that would make someone grow and Professor Griffin got scared and drank it... so yeah” Jinx said rather nervously.

 “Well that stuff happens every once in a while. By the way how are you two doing in Charms?” Kate asked curiously.

“Don’t ask. Kate, just don’t ask.” replied both Jinx and Natalia, shaking their heads.

Kate was about to ask more questions when footsteps could be heard.

“Alright girls settle down, all of you” declared the headmistress as she entered the hall.

 She was wearing a long black skirt with a light blue blouse and light blue and black heels, along with some pearl earrings.

“I’m sure all of you have heard about the commotion in the Charms classroom. The student who created the potion will be punished; I will speak to her privately.  Professor Griffin will be in the medical wing; until he recovers charms classes, will be cancelled. I will also like to notify both the students and staff that classes that are held in the north section of the building, where there is more damage, are cancelled. Instead they will be replaced with D.M.C.C.”  Said the headmistress in a stern but yet kind voice.

Jinx could hear girls groaning as they listened.

“What’s that? “Jinx whispered to Natalia.

 “Just wait and see.” Natalia replied looking smug.

Jinx pouted, why am I always the last to know about these things? 

“Cause you’re new.” said a voice. 

Who said that? Jinx thought as she glanced around.

“Me, over here sweet heart.” Jinx turned around to the direction of the voice and saw a short girl with pale white skin and jet black spiky hair and hazel brown eyes with light pink lips. The girl wore the Charms uniform but with diamond earrings and some black pumps and a lacy top for her own personal touch.

“How? How did you do that?” Jinx asked startled.

“Oh didn’t ya know? I can read thoughts, I was getting bored so I decided to do a little exploring in everyone’s thoughts and I found yours. So I answered your question for you.” The girl said with a soft voice that made her seem sweet and innocent but also a girl with an edge that was not meant to be messed with. “I’m Alice by the way” She said with a smile.