Chapter 2: The letter And A Decision Is Made

Jinx slowly opened the envelope, and saw a letter . . .It was hand written in the neatest, and yet unusual handwriting Jinx had ever seen; it was addressed to Jinx, from a schoolcalledCharms High, A school for gifted Girls.

At first, Jinx thought she had misread the letter because it said:

Dear Jane Grey,

We the teachers of Charms High, would like to welcome you to our school onTuesday 7thSeptember.Throughout this letter we willexplain why we feel that you will enjoy life at our school; I hope that after reading this letter you will accept our offer and join us at Charms high on the 7thof September.

Firstly we understand that you have been expelled from many schools for certain incidents; we can assure you thatboth students and teachers at our school,work as oneto create a safe and enjoyable learningenvironmentalat our school.

Our school offers girls with certain gifts, a chance to express themselves and be ready for the world once they leave. AtCharms High, ex-girls often find themselves returning, to help former classmates in any way they can.

. We understand that the School fees are quite expensive, however we have signed you up for a scholarship, which has fees of only £400. Thescholarship also includes all the books and equipment you will be required to have during your time at Charms High. (The books and other necessary equipment will bedelivered to you, within the next 24 hours)

We hopethat after reading this letter you will re-consider attendingour school; we understand that you may have some more questions about the school; these questions will be answered in more detail if you accept our offer and come to the school. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday 7thSeptember.

Sincerely Miss Amelia Evens, Headmistress of Charms High

Jinx carefully read the letter a number of times; she felt both startled and excited about what the letter had said. It was for that reason she was speechless.

"Well? What do you think?" Helen asked who had had a look at the letter herself, once Jinx had read it and was also rather surprised at the news.

Jinx struggled to find words to answer Helens questions, but once she had caught her breath back, she said, “I don't know. It looks like a good school and besides, I don't really have any other options do I? I might as well give it a shot."

"That's the spirit! besides we can easily afford to pay thescholarshipfees and it's a boarding school; which means that you can choose to stay there for the holidays, that is if you like the school of course." Helen said feeling rather cheerful.

"Yeah, that's good, it means that there might be a little bit more room for the other kids, like Annabelle." As she said this, Jinx felt upset, if she didn't accept the offer, then some of the children at the orphanage would have to leave due to the lack of space.

Helen looked at her sympathetically, and said "Hey, don't worry about that, by the time you come back we'll have the attic rebuilt as a large bedroom for some of the older kids to share, I know that their looking forward to that, and when you get back you can either share you room with Annabelle or move up to the attic with the others. We're even thinking of redecorating all the bedrooms as a fresh start when the attic bedroom is built." Helen said.,

The social worker knew how Jinx would be devastated to see the others leave and would simply adore the idea of sharing a room with little Bell whom she had grown close to over the years.

"Your right, that’ll be good and what the heck, the school can't be that bad." Jinx said this with a small smile on her face; she was looking forward to the idea of sharing a room with Annabelle and having an attic bedroom for the older kids.

"That's all for now, you might want to go look for your suitcaseto see if you'll have enough room for your clothes, shoes, and school supplies that'll come tomorrow. If you don't we can get a bigger one and we can also buy you a new bag for school, I'm sure Stephanie will know where to look for the latest bags." Helen replied with a grin.

"Sure, I'll get right on that." replied Jinx cheekily; she walked to the door and was just about to leav.,

Until Helen stopped her and said ,"Oh, and you might want to tell the others, I don't think they could hear that well from the door."Helen chuckled as she said this.

"Don't worry, I will." Jinx said with a grin planted on her face, and her coal black eyes twinkling. She walked out, ready to tell the others.