Chapter 19: Farewell Ceremony

Hey guys here's a nice long chapter, so enjoy

“I can’t believe we’ve only got two weeks until the summer holidays” Jinx smiled.

She and Kate were in the dorm chatting, they had no classes so students thought they could do as they pleased, until they were told otherwise. Several students had made trips to town and others were around the school doing who-knows-what.

Alice and the princesses had gone on a “much needed” shopping trip. The Chavs were on the hockey pitch, The Emos were making potions, according to Andrea they needed to “stock up on the poisons”. The Geeks were hard at work, some were speaking on the phone in several different languages, others were typing away on the computer, Bridget had said they were “finishing up their project”. The first years were up to their usual antis, testing their inventions with Alvin the Chipmunk or his “friends” as Jessie called them. The Sixth Formers were also in town spending the last few weeks together, as they would be leaving soon either going on to further education or start employment.  The teachers were in the staff room either discussing the students results or doing some last minute marking, as the girls would receive their test scores on the last day of term.

As for Jinx and Kate they were talking about how the year had ended so quickly. Jinx was busy telling Kate stories of her summers at the orphanage, the camping trips, holidays to the beach and day  out in the countryside.

‟I suppose this sounds rather boring to you Kate” Jinx admitted as she finished, she was sure Kate had far more interesting stories to tell and wanted to hear them.

‟Not at all. ” Kate replied. ‟This sounds interesting, I usually just spend time with my family and Kelly. ” The young witch admitted.

‟I’ve been meaning to ask you, How do you know the Head girl kelly so well?”Jinx questioned.

‟I’ve known her since childhood. Her mum’s a friend of my mum’s they knew each other during school. Her parents work for the magic council, and handle international business and so are always abroad during the summer. So Kelly would stay at my place until school started. She’d tell me stories of Charms High and taught me how to fight, play hockey, she was like an older sister to me.” Kate explained.

‟She’s leaving at the end of term right? This year was her final year, right? What’s she going to do now?”Jinx wondered, she wasn’t sure if Kate would see her older sister for awhile.

‟Yeah, this is her last year here, she got a job offer  to work for he US government in the magic departments. She can’t say what work it is, since America’s so confidential, but she leaves on the last day of term.‟ Kate repled.

Jinx hugged her friend, she know that although Kate never showed it, she was sad to have Kelly, someone so close to her leaving. ‟It’ll be ok.” She comforted.

”Thanks. Oh and you’re welcome at my place anytime.” Kate smiled.

Just then they were interrupted with the Headmistress’s voice, that could be heard all around the school. ‟All students and faculty members please report to the dining hall now” Miss Evans voice bellowed throughout the school.

<in the dining hall>

Jinx and Kate sat at their table in the dining hall, several students had arrived and were doing the same. Kate had texted Alice and the Princesses were on their way. After a few minutes the teachers and the rest of the students had arrived. Amongst the students there was whispers of guesses on what the Headmistress wanted and complaints of having their fun ruined. Everyone was present, except the Sixth Formers.