chapter 12: love is a losing game

Shana

"Whoooooooo lives in a pineapple under the sea? Sponge Bob square pants! -"

Ugh. I must've fell asleep on the couch with the tv on.

I wonder if mama is home. You see my mom works night shifts so I barely see her.

Mama was in her bed sleep.  Aww.  At least she can rest now.

I trudged up the stairs to see a figure in my bed.  I grabbed my Louisville slugger and hit the person who was in my bed.

"Damn Shana. Why are you hitting me? " Luke asked.

" Why are you in my room.  How did you get in my apartment?  Better yet, why are you in my life? " I retorted.

"Ouch. That's fine.  You'll come around.  I know you want me baby." Luke said.

" I am not your baby. " I said back.

Luke just rolled his eyes and walked away.

--------------

Sori came by. She is looking awesome especially to be pregnant with 2 babies.

Of course,  she still wants me to find a man. How am I supposed to find one? Guys make fun of me. The last guy I was interested in broke my heart and.....never mind.

The only guy friends I have are Sori's brother King and her husband Ford. King has been a cool guy.  He's very nice.  Ford is a gentle giant unless you mess with Sori or any other loved one.

Hmmm. You see to me love and pain are the same thing.  I mean really.  You fall in love only for someone to break your heart. Luke was the first person I gave a chance after Nikolas. (Sori tells me don't be a cat lady because it's not sexy.)

Then you saw what happened.  Luke stood me up. So I give up. Love is a losing game.

---------------