Bad Boy and the Good girl

Shana

I walked into the library after school. I picked up a book from the anime series 'Fruits Basket'.

I actually read the entire series that afternoon in a 1 hour. I moved on to another series.

By the time I left the library, the sun was going down. I was walking to my apartment I share with my mom when I heard a voice. Actually several voices.

The library wasn't in the safest area. I figured I should keep walking and just ignore it. But my stupid self just couldn't.

I followed the anonymous voices until I saw five guys in an alley. One was guy was being help up by two other guys while their 'leader' was beating the poor guy to a pulp.

I hid behind a tree. But then I felt that ticklish surge in my nose. Oh no. I can't sneeze now. I tried to stifle my sneeze, but it still came out. The guys suddenly stopped beating up the other guy.

I just stood completely still hoping that I wasn't busted. That hope was shattered when suddenly I was hoisted over a guy's broad shoulders.

He carried me to the rest of them.

The leader walked up to me.

I was sure I was going to pee on myself.

"Snooping were we", he asked. "What did you see", he asked.

"I-I s-saw n-nothing... I swear", I lied hoping he would believe me.

"I can't stand liars. I know you saw every thing. So how should I punish you for lying? Should I kill you? " he roared.

"N-noo. Please don't kill me. I'm sorry." I tried negotiating with him.

"Alright. But, if you snitch, I will hunt you down. Got it? " he roared again.

"Yes", I whimpered.

"Let her go Deshawn" the leader said.

The boy, er 'Deshawn', dropped me.

"Don't ever snoop on us again Shana" the leader said.

"How do you know my name, "I inquired.

"You're in my class at school" he chuckled.

Shit. He knows my name and where I go to school.

"Now leave" he roared.

I never ran away so quickly. I made it home and sank down to the floor. Now that I think about it. ...That was Luke and Deshawn from class.

That was one hell of a night.

author's corner

here is partially what Luke looks like

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-cWvwcyhVhlQ/T3Eh5hmXlRI/AAAAAAAABNM/4UM7rpf-x04/s200/bad%2Bboy.jpg