chapter 3: life or death situations

Shana

 It's official.  I hate him. But right now I had to get him out my house.  If my mother sees this,  I will be in sooo much trouble.

I turned to my side and realized he wasn't there anymore. Well, at least I won't be in trouble. School is tomorrow so I need to go ahead and make my lunch and choose my clothes.

---------------------------------------------------------

Shana's Diary

I always wonder what it would be like if dad were still alive. My dad was a great father, but he did bad things. One  day he didn't come home  and then mom got a call that night that he was shot execution style. He died instantly.

My mom has never really been the same after that. She became a workaholic instead of actually dealing with her grief. It used to bother me, but know that I'm older, I am glad she works hard instead of using drugs or alcohol.

I hate thinking back on the times when he was alive. I just always think that he was selfish. If he had not been so greedy, he wouldn't have started the illegal things. Then again...I guess he called himself providing for his girls.

I was jealous of my friends because they could always go to the daddy and daughter dances. I couldn't. I didn't even have a father figure. My mother refused to get attached to another man after dad. I guess I could see why. The one man you loved was shot execution style.

 I truly miss daddy. But, I realized that his actions led him to the grave. I will always love you, daddy.

Sincerely,

Shana

Luke

I had to leave Shana's bed around 4 a.m. to take care of some "business". Some one was trying to screw me over. He thought I was playing when I told him to have my money by Sunday. I guess he will figure out that I meant business when he's laying in a pool of his own blood.

I pulled up to my warehouse to take care of my little problem named Antonio.

"Antonio, where's my money?"

" Luke! I swear, I will have by Friday! Please show mercy on me"

" NO Antonio. We made a deal. I give you 100 grand and you pay it back by Sunday of the following month. Now it's Sunday and you don't have my fucking money? You see Ant, that's my precious money. I was being very, very kind to give you my money. So now I need my money back. But, you don't have it. Now I'm sure you meant to have it but you don't. So you must die" I said in all seriousness.

 "Please. I have two little girls.  I can work off my debt.  Please. I don't want my girls to be fatherless. " he begged.

"I tell you what.  You get me this girl I like and I spare you. If you don't get me her, you die. Simple. Take it or leave it. " I said nonchalantly.

"Alright. I'll do it" he sighed.

Talk about life or death situations.