Chapter 3

4:48 am

Usually the time I would wake up.

"Hey sweetheart! I was about to check up on you in your room. I'm gong to be running a lot of errands again. I'll see you later!"

Before I could even say a word to my, uncle he left my sight. I guess people are just that desperate to get what they want that they seek to the dark web. I rolled my eyes.

"Pathetic idiots."

I went into the kitchen about to get my cereal.

"Good morning Miss-"

"Hello. Have you all eaten breakfast?" I asked all the elders at the kitchen.

"We are cooking it right now. We have served everyone else in the house. Can we help you with anything? Do you wish for a certain-"

"I'm sorry that every time that you guys talk, I interrupt you. Forgive me. Though, I will just eat cereal. You guys have a good day."

"It is quite alright miss. Are you sure you do not want anything-"

"Yes. I'm positive." I smiled at them. I went to the pantry to get my box of cereal. Then into the dining room table and sat there alone. Again.

Once I was done, I got up to put my bowl into the dish washer.

The elders were still there chit chatting and cooking. I gave them a last smile and started to walk back to the boy.

*Knock Knock*

I opened the door, surprisingly seeing him still there. He standing looking out at the window.

"I told you, there's no way of escaping."

I put my coat down next to the chair. I looked back up expecting him to face me, but he wasn't. Either he was ignoring me or was too deep in thought.

"Uh. Buddy..."

I slowly started to walk towards him, obviously still keeping my distance.

Knife in my shoe.

Seeing his reflection in the window, he seemed drained. I probably shouldn't have been that mean to him.

"Why am I alive?.." he chocked.

"What?"

He's now facing me. "Why did you save me? I'm sure you can't save everyone. All the damn time. Why me? What do you want."

"I don't want anything from you. I saw you and asked my Uncle what made you so special from the rest. He said you were 16 and you're the presidents son."

"Any reason why he said that I was special..?"

"All I do is watch someone get killed every week and observe how they do it. It's-"

"How are you not crazy..?"

I gave a small laugh. "You don't know me buddy."