Everything Goes Black

The whole car ride was silent, except for Simmons talking no stop about the legend mixed with his own theories. I look out the window watching the desert around fly by. Once we stop, I quickly get out, putting on my hoodie feeling cold, even if it is about 90 or so degrees out.

"It's gotta be around here somewhere." Simmons says looking down at his device. We all stop and stare at a large temple like structure that's built into the mountain. We run towards the temple looking for the entrance. After a while we find it on the opposite side facing away from the sun.

"Do you guys see the size of this?" Leo asks craning his head up.

"You see this?"

"Spectacular." The twins comment. Sam and I begin to jog towards the large door way trying to look for any sign of the Matrix.

"It's here somewhere, guys." Sam say looking around the empty room.

"Yeah, why? 'Cause we're trusting Grandpa Blackbird who doesn't even know what planet he's on?" Leo says looking around.

"In his defense, this is the biggest doorway I've ever seen in my entire life." Simmons' voice bounces of the walls. Leo stands next to him looking at the doorway.

"Okay. Well, that's great. Let me do a quick search, all right?" Leo then does a three sixty spin. "Nope. Ever cross your mind, guys, that archaeologists have been here before? There's nothing here." I stop near an ancient painting, running my fingers over it, feeling a spark in my chest.

"Real life is heartbreak, despair, kid. Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow and the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it!"

"I'm listening to you? You live with your mother!" I look at them after the stop bickering.

"It has to be here... I can feel it..." I take my hand away turning around to look at Sam sitting on the floor next to me.

"It's not over." Sam says looking up from his hands.

"It is over. It's done." Leo demands. I clench my fists in sadness and frustration.

'It's here I just know it. I'm not gonna let Optimus die.' I think to myself. Sam stands up looking at e with sadden eyes, placing is good hand on my left shoulder.

"Why are we still listening to, little punk-ass? I mean, what you ever done for us except ding my rim?" Mudflap says.

"Killed Megatron. How about that?" Skids adds in, arguing with his brother.

"Well, he didn't get the job done, you know what I mean, 'cause he's back now..."

"Are you scared?" Skids gets up into Mudflaps face.

"Guys, calm down!" I tried to calm them down but it doesn't work.

"Scared? Scared of your ugly face!" Mudflap starts to smack his brother.

"I'm ugly? Well, we're twins, you stupid genius!"

"Bring it, then!" Skids tackles Mudflap before getting pushed away. "Get off me!" The both start to fight in the small space, causing everyone to move out of the way.

"I'll change your face around!"

"I'll get all up in that ass!" Mudflap goes for a tackle but Skids back flips over him, landing in front of me. I jump to side and roll away, trying to avoid being crushed to death. Mudflap manages to get his green brother by the shoulders and throws him at the wall with the painting, leaving a hole and almost hitting Sam in the process.