American Noise

"Honey I'm home." Bee quickly turns his head toward me and picks me up with his hand, bringing me close to his face. I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a long needed hug. "How long-have you been-back?" I pull away and smile at him. "I've been back for a few minutes. I'm surprised you didn't see me standing next to Sam out there." Bee then tries to hide his face from embarrassment. I chuckle and tell him to put me down as Sam and Mikeala walk in. "Hey Kat." "Hey." I go to Mikeala giving her a hug. "How is it working in the field now?" I smile at her. "It beats filing papers and turning in reports." Sam rolls his eyes and looks right at Bee. Bee then starts to hit his forehead with his hand mumbling under his breathe. "Yeah, you know your're in trouble." Mikeala looks between Sam and Bee. "He still having voice problems?" Bee makes little beeps and looks at me, still embarrassed. "He's playing it up." I look at Sam with slight annoyance. "Sam he isn't doing this on purpose." He rolls his eyes at me and sighs. "Bee, I want to talk to you about the college thing, okay?" Bee then starts to do a little dance and plays I'm so excited. "Hey I'm not taking you with me." The music stops and Bee slumps in sadness. "I'm gonna wait outside." Mikeala says and leaves the garage. "I meant to tell you about this earlier. It's just that, you know... Here's the thing. Freshmen aren't allowed to have cars." "That's a bunch of..." Sam looks at me and mouths 'Shut up' and I just put my hands up in surrender, putting them down and letting him continue. "I know, and if it was up to me, I'd take you with me, but it's not, Bee. Look. You're an Autobot. You shouldn't be living in my dad's garage." Sam then starts to pace around in the small area. I mean, you're suffocating in here. You deserve better than this." Bee looks to the side making little noises. "This is hard enough, man. Don't make it harder. Can you just look at me, please?" Sam then grabs the side of Bee's head and looks him straight in the eyes. "Come on, big guy." He lets go of Bee's face and puts his hands in his front pockets. I stay silent not wanting to interrupt again.

"Look, the guardian thing is done. Okay? You did your job. Look, I'm safe now. Kat's safe, everything is fine. You need to go be with Optimus Prime and the others. You need to be with Katana. I just want to be normal, Bee. That's why I'm going to college, and I can't do that with you." Bee then turns to the side and motions to Sam for a moment. Bee then starts to cry and it breaks my heart but Sam has a point. "It's not the last time I'm gonna see you, you know, Bee." Sam walks toward me and stops looking at Bee. "Come on, don't do that. Bee. You're killing me, Bee." Bee wipes his face and covers his eyes motioning for Sam to go. "But you'll always be my first car." Sam starts to walk out but looks back out to me. "Try to break it to him as kindly as you can. He's heart broken already." I nod as Sam goes out saying one last goodbye. "I love you Bee." I look at bee with sad eyes not wanting to do this but Ron is right, we need to give each other space to grow. "Bee, I have something to say." He looks at me with sad eyes. "We-I think we should....." I hesitate felling my heart ache. I sigh before continuing. "I think we need a break from each other. I'm not breaking up with you it's just..." I look to the side not wanting to see his sad face. "We need space to grow, to develop this relationship properly." I look down as I feel the tears starting to spill. Bee makes little beeps trying to catch my attention. "Go." I look up at him seeing he turned around, his back facing me. "Look I'm sorry but we need time away from each other for awhile, please understand.." "I do understand." I reach reach out for him like I've done many times but I pull my hand back and leave the garage placing a small box on the floor. "I love you Bumblebee." I walk straight to the car and sit next to Sam in the back seat. "How'd it go kiddo." "Ron!" Judy then smacks Uncle Ron's arm before I give them a light smile. "Everything is fine." They nod before pulling out of the drive way, heading toward Sam's college. 'I hope everything is alright.'

A few hours later and we arrived at the college campus, and boy was it big. We all get out of the car and take in the beautiful site. "Oh, my gosh! Look at this place! I feel smarter already." I go to the back of the car and help Sam get his things. "Ron, can you smell it?" "Yeah, smells like $40,000 a year." "Hey, cheapo!" "You two go ahead. We'll get the rest of the boxes. Go ahead and check out your room." I hand Sam a box, getting one to, and head straight for his dorm. I made sure my selves were down remembering that no one can see my limbs. Sam and I walk up stairs and down many halls just to get to his room. When we get there a guy is on one side already placing posters and other things on the walls. "Hey." The guy turns around and looks at us. "Hey." He gets off the bed and heads toward us. "You must be Sam right? I'm Leo." I just stand next to the wall letting Sam get antiquated with his roomy. "So, I already set up the crib a bit. you want this side or that side?" Leo says pointing to his left and right. "Uh, that side." Sam says pointing at the bed closer to the door."I already picked that side." 'Then what was the point of asking.' They both look at each other in pure silence. "You know what this is? This is the awkward moment." They both shift slightly before Sam continues to rant. "Yeah, see, you're trying to see if I'm a normal guy. I'm trying to see if you're a normal guy. Balanced, unmedicated, nothing under the crawl space." "God personal hygiene, won't stab me in my sleep." "No criminal record, won't steal anything." "Including girlfriends." "Especially girlfriends." "You got a girlfriend?" "I do." Leo then looks at me. "That her?" I shake my head and laugh lightly. "Oh god, no. I his older cousin." He then looks me up and down. "You got a boyfriend?" "Yes I do. Even if I didn't I'm way out of your league pal." Sam then looks at him while placing the box down on his side of the room. "She's off limits too, so I don't want to see you flirting with her." I place the box near the foot of the bed and place my hands in my front pockets. "I'm Katana by the way." "A beautiful name for a chica like you." 'Great. Another Miles.' "I'm guessing you don't have a girlfriend on the way you continue to flirt with my cousin." Sam says while crossing his arms.