Chapter Seven

You and Nagito were beginning to become impatient as you waited for Hajime. Hoping he would wake up, you both began calling his name and shaking him a little bit. At this point, you both just wanted to go explore, but you were too nice to leave Hajime alone.

To your surprise, Hajime began regaining his consciousness.

"What...what happened?" He asked, completely confused.

"You passed out." Nagito told him.

"Did I?" Hajime asked as he sat up. "For how long? Did you guys wait with me?"

"You were asleep for...half an hour, maybe, and yes we waited." You told him and you and Nagito helped him up.

"Oh, thank you." Hajime looked at both of you, and then smiled specifically at you. He was nice, but it made you slightly uncomfortable.

"Haha, yeah...no problem." You said, brushing off the awkward feeling.

"Everybody already left to explore. Should we do the same?" Nagito asked.

"Haven't we been waiting for Hajime so we could do exactly that? Let's go, finally." You said.

"Okay, let's go." Hajime agreed as the three of you left, headed towards what seemed to be the dorms.

~~

Every student had their own small little cabin - like room. There wasn't much inside, just a bed, closet, the basics. There was also a large dining area, filled with tons of food. As much as you looked around, you still couldn't find anybody other than the students. There were no people other than the 17 of you.

The three of you were tired after walking around the dorm area and wanted to find a place to rest. Hajime suggested going to get some food and you and Nagito both agreed to go along with him.

"It's like...a buffet, kind of." You said, looking at the huge selection of cooked food. From meat to pizza fruit to vegetables, they had everything.

You reached out to grab some tongs so you could fill your plate, but Naito grabbed them before you. You turned and looked up at him, catching him smiling.

"Let me help you with that." He said. "What would you like?"

You looked down and blushed, then proceeded to point at the mashed potatoes.

"Gravy?" He asked. You nodded your head timidly, feeling a sense of happiness. He offered to help you. You felt special. Why was he helping you and not any other girl there? Surely there were prettier ones, like Sonia.

~~

After Nagito helped you with your food, you both proceeded to sit down at a table, with Hajime following behind. You and Nagito both sat together on one side while Hajime sat right across from you.

"The food looks good, doesn't it?" Hajime asked.

You looked down at your plate, with mashed potatoes and gravy and chicken. (Sorry of any of you are vegetarian, pretend it was something else idk) You picked of you fork to see how your food tasted, but Nagito grabbed your arm before you could try. You looked at him, confused.

"Y/N, be careful." He said, looking concerned. He took your fork from you and ate some of your mashed potatoes.

"What?" You asked.

"They might be poisonous." He said.

"But then you..!" You looked at him in surprise, the thought that he'd be okay with poisoning himself to keep you safe.

"Don't worry, someone as useless as me wouldn't make a difference if I died. I just don't want a future spreader of hope to be hurt." He smiled and handed you back your fork. "Oh, if you want a new fork, you can take mine...nobody wants to share a fork with trash like me."

"No, it's okay. Thank you." You said to him.

"You guys are oddly close." Hajime said, confused about what was happening.

"W-what? N-no, Hajime, I'm just as confused as you are." You denied, feeling your face becoming red.

"That's so cute." Nagito said. You looked at him and he suddenly poked your cheek. "You're all red." He smiled and lit up the entire room.

"Well, shouldn't we eat?" Hajime asked, looking slightly annoyed.

"R-right, sorry." You said, staring at your food and trying not to make eye contact with anyone.

Why was Nagito acting like this? You had known him for less than half a day, and yet...it felt to you like there was a connection. Did he feel it to? Or maybe, was he the one causing it to happen? And Hajime? What was Hajime doing, smiling at you and getting slightly annoyed when Nagito called you cute and changing the subject? You were confused, but also, slightly happy. Things were changing, especially being accepted into hope's peak academy and then suddenly waking up on an island.
You never would have guessed what happened next.

~~♡~♡~♡♡~
OKAY THANKS FOR READING this was kind of rushed so I Apologize for any mistakes or whatnot. Love u♡♡