Chapter Fourteen

" What happened," I replied groggily.

" Nothing. I made you a sandwich and I was waiting for you to come down, but when you didn't I came back up to see you sleeping again. I tried shaking you, but you wouldn't wake up at first."

" Sorry, but now that I'm a couple months pregnant most of my energy kind of quickly depletes. I'm sorry. I'll gladly take the sandwich though. It seems like the only thing I've been doing is filter feeding."

" Yeah, that and sleeping. I've never seen someone who loves sleep so much."

" Well you clearly haven't met three-fourths of America then."

" Ha, well here you go and here's a water bottle. Anything else I can do for you?"

" Actually, that will be all. Thanks, but can I ask you something."

" Yeah, shoot away."

" I've met your father, but not your mother or any siblings. Do you have any siblings?"

" Uh, well yeah. I have one brother, but he's not important."

" What's this non-important brother of your's name?"

" It doesn't matter, you'll never meet him anyways. He sort of ran away a long time ago."

" Come on, it may not matter to you, but it does to me. I'd like to know who your brother is, well my soon to be brother-in-law," I pressed.

" Ugh fine, but I don't see why this is so important."

     Yay.

" Well I have this brother sort of like the person you described a couple hours ago after I woke you up from your bad dream. Anyways we were born at the same time, but we look nothing alike. Basically we're fraternal twins and when we were eighteen which was hundreds of...  a long while ago, he ran away because of what happened with our original mother and what happened to my father. Also what kind of happened to us."

     He looked at me for any emotion, but at the moment I gave him none so he continued.

" During the medieval times, my father was a general for the king's army. My dad was also the king's right-hand man. He would keep him check and secretly hide all of his alcohol because he had a severe drinking problem. One day, my dad met my mom and he fell in love with her. The problem was that she was a harlot or prostitute. It was forbidden at the time for her to marry, but my dad defied the king's orders and ran away with my mom.  The king spent decades looking for my father and even set up a reward for anyone who found my father and brought him in alive."

     He paused to either add an effect or simply because he was out of breath. He was talking so fast it took me some time to comprehend what he was saying.

" Just a few days after running away, my dad supposedly impregnated her with my brother and I. They mostly lived a life of hiding, but when they finally settled down that's when it all went to hell. Or there were events that led up to it. When my mom gave birth to us, she had some complications. But she was miraculously still alive after having us. She was still pretty weak and fragile after having us. By about two minutes my brother is older than me, but that's okay because en la ley de Vampiro the youngest child takes the throne. I will get to that story later. But when my brother and I were about two years old, someone captured my mother and sent her to the king where they killed her."

      I immediately felt guilty when he said his mother was murdered by the king. I then realized that Tristan did know how I felt and that he did experience what I was going through. What's worse is that he lost his mother way, way before I lost mine. I must've looked guilty or turned away because he had asked me what's wrong. I told him nothing and to continue. I so badly didn't want to cry, so as he was speaking I focused on my hands that were in my lap.