Chapter Three

"Wait... What?"

I do not know why, but my brain refused to register the information that was unexpectedly thrown at me. I mean this truly cannot be real. I say that a lot about many things, but this has got to be a joke. 

Please tell me I'm being Punk'd.

"No. Nathalia, this is real. You are not being 'Punk'd'. Whatever that may mean," Bartholomew, one of the councilmen, replied.

"How did you do that? How did you... you read my mind," I stammered.

"We are vampires. We all have special and different abilities other than common abilities, such as supernatural speed, strength et cetera."

"This cannot be true. Please, just let me go home. I do not want to do this. I do not want to become a vampire," I stuttered as I stood up.

"I am sorry Nathalia, but we cannot let you go," Tristan's father replied standing too.

"Please. I will not tell anyone. I-I-I mean you... you have got to believe me."

"We do believe you, but it is just something we cannot risk. I know this must be a lot to take in and we will give you some time to think about this. Anyway, we must go. We will be departing now. We have another obligation to prepare for."

Just like that, the men were dismissed from the room. Tristan and I were left remaining in the living room. I just stood there still in shock. This absolutely cannot be happening to me. I get kidnapped by a vampire, then actually have casual conversations with my vampire kidnapper, and now I will forcibly be arranged to marry him. 

Why me?

 What did I do to deserve this

Why is all of this happening to me

Why

Tristan was now standing next to me waiting for my reaction, but I gave him none. There was a long silence because there was not anything I could really say. All I could think was why.

"Why," I finally uttered.

"Why what?"

"Why me," I said now gritting my teeth.

Tristan developed a look of discomfort on his face from my sudden tone of disgust and irritation. I was nowhere near close to calming down.

"You selfish, narcissistic, egotistical jackass. I bet that you think it is fun to just kidnap any girl you find and just make their life worse than it already is."

"Nat-"

"No. Do not dare say my name. Do not dare. I have been through terrible things you could not dare to imagine. Just two nights ago I tried to kill myself, but I did not because I thought it would get better. You though... You have only made it worse. Now I am stuck here forever with an insane psychopath like you," I instantly sobbed.

I could not read his facial expression after my sudden outburst. I am not sure if he was feeling remorse or sadness. I actually did not care. At this moment, I just wanted to die and more than I ever wanted to. I just need to leave all of this bullshit behind me. I am done. I cannot take this fuckery anymore. I stormed out of the room before he could say anything else. I noticed that he did not follow me. I quickly found the kitchen and in one of the drawers, I found a knife. I took it and then ran up the large staircase and locked myself in the closest room. 

I walked into a really nice bedroom that had an adjoining bathroom. I immediately went into the bathroom and locked that door too. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and I felt like I was in my bathroom two nights ago. I looked at the knife that was tightly gripped in my hand and knew now was the time to do it.