Chapter Seven

I was sleeping when I heard loud noises coming from downstairs, it was probably Tristan, but then again doesn't he have good eyesight at night just as well in the morning? So why was he making all this noise, and did I want to check it out? Then I heard more thrashing sounds, only they were louder and much closer. I was beginning to become frightened, I slowly pulled the comforter off of me, and got out of bed. I was only wearing a tank top and soccer shorts, Tristan had got me some clothes while I was in the hospital, but they weren't exactly my style, but I was in the least grateful. When I was just about to open my door, it's slammed open. I jumped back in fear and nearly fell backwards when the intruder came into my room. I cowered back and tried looking around the room for anything that could pass as a weapon. Nothing caught my eye, so now I truly was in trouble.

     I couldn't clearly see my intruder, because it was dark in my room. I climbed onto the bed in a squatting position ready to fight back. He chuckled evilly at my lame fighting stance, and continued to slowly walk towards me. He blocked my only escape and right now I wished I had a window or some sort of alternative escape route, but one is not going to magically appear. I was stuck and I was too stunned to scream or do anything drastic. 

" Well, well sweetheart looks like it's just you and me," the stranger said.

     I could recognize that voice from anywhere, and now knowing who my intruder was just put me at a whole new level of terrified. I whimpered loudly in fear, hoping he would have mercy, but instead he just laughed. He was totally enjoying my fearfulness, so much that he basically fed off of it. There was nothing I could do at this point, all I am is a weak human. If I give him what he wants maybe he'll leave me alone. 

" You smell very delicious sweetheart... or is it goth girl?"

     No. No, I am so sick and tired of hearing that name. It tastes like poison when I say it, and sounds like a discordant melody when I hear it. I am done. Whoever this guy thinks he is, he's going to have to kill me before I let him call me goth girl again. After this weird yet convincing pep talk with myself, I had a sudden boost of confidence and was honestly ready to attack. He was now in front of the bed, and I knew now was the time to jump. 

     I jumped him as fast as I could and slapped and punched wherever I could. It didn't seem to have much effect. Instead it only irritated him. He threw me across the room like I was just a rag doll. I was instantly knocked out cold and my body ached in all sorts of places. My mind kept telling me to fight back and that this wasn't over. He then picked me up and tried throwing me on the bed, but I quickly wrapped my legs around him and gripped on to his head. I bit his ear and I tasted something salty and bitter. I'm pretty sure it was blood. The intruder started screaming and was doing everything he could to get me off of him, but I wouldn't budge. I knew not to budge. I tried biting and scratching some more and this time it did work. The guy fell backwards in surprise and I was on top of him. I scratched, punched and bit more and more, until it was just pure instinct. More and more places the intruder was bleeding, and I surely caught him off guard with my sudden need to attack. This time I was the one who was laughing and I enjoyed seeing this bastard die. Before he died he looked at me and gasped. This for some odd reason made me curious. Why did he look so much more scared when he got a good look at me?

     I got off of his body and walked to the bathroom. I turned the light on which didn't sting my eyes at all, which was odd. I usually get annoyed when I walk into a room with bright lights quickly turned on and after being in the dark for some time. Anyways I took a look in the mirror and gasped at my reflection. My eyes were a glowing red and when I opened my mouth, my teeth were as sharp as a shark's. My skin was an awful pale. It was so pale that my skin almost looked like porcelain. My hair was really long, darker and silky. I always kept it a couple inches past my shoulders and on most days it was frizzy. I've never seen myself look like this and I was not liking this new appearance. Then a shape formed right behind me causing me to jump. I then recognized the person as Tristan and calmed down a bit.