Chapter Nine

A week had slowly passed and I guess it's correct to say Tristan and I are official. I don't know how he did it. I don't know how I fell for it. I don't know when it happened, but it is what it is. What I especially don't understand is how every time I'm with him I forget about my rapist and what he did to me. Although the only thing that will always remind me is the fetus that's inside of me. Over the days that has passed, I learned to actually love this child whether it's a mistake or not. I still can't see myself as a mother, but I know I'll deeply regret it if I give up the child. Everyday I stare at my body and even though I'm not 'giant belly' pregnant yet, I don't look like a toothpick anymore. Woo! Anyways, it never really crossed my mind what gender this baby could be. I don't know what to name it either. I mean for a guy I always liked the name Micah. But to me it seems too... you know. No, I don't mean religious exactly. I think it's kind of goth in a way if you were to see it in my perspective. You probably can't. You're probably thinking " Is this chick dumb? Micah isn't a goth name, the fuck?" Well guess what, I think it's goth. Deal with it.

     Even though I kind of love him, somewhere in me still hates him. I mean he is part of the reason why my family is dead. I don't know, but maybe somewhere along the way I'll forgive him, or not. We started holding hands. Don't judge me but I've never done it before. I didn't do it with Callie, or with my brother or parents. Not that I remember anyways. Speaking of Callie, whatever happened to her? Did the guys get her? When was the last time I even watched the news? Holy crap. Maybe I should. I want to know if people are still looking for me. Tristan went out this morning to get some breakfast and groceries, so I walked, actually sprinted, to the living room. I found the remote under one of the sofas and clicked to the news. 

     " Today this morning, a giraffe is set free after being born with missing limbs. A middle-aged single mom's life is saved by her very own three year-old and there is no sign of missing seventeen year old Nathalia Wilson. The search, started by her best friend Callie-Ann Doberman, still goes on. Police reports claim she was home early before her kidnapping and that she was kidnapped in the woods behind her home. Hair samples were found and tested and there was a match. Nathalia's brother, Ryan Wilson, was also found dead from a broken neck at the Markham's house, where a party was going on earlier. There was another body found at that party. The female has no relation to the Wilsons, but the coroner found that there were two puncture wounds on her neck. Autopsy reports say she died from loss of blood from the neck wound. It seems like there is a vampire on the loose. There were saliva residue left on the neck, but came back inconclusive in the DNA reports. How unfortunate. Also because of Nathalia Wilson's kidnapping and the death of older brother Ryan Wilson, their father Steven Wilson committed suicide. He left his suicide note on the coffee table in the living room of their home. Also next month marks the four year anniversary of the death of Sasha Lee Wilson, Ryan and Nathalia's mother and wife of Steven Wilson. What a tragedy, I've never seen anything like this," the news reporter stammered. " What do you think of this Bill," she asked her colleague.

     " I can't believe it Diane. I mean if Nathalia is still alive and watching this.... I... Honestly Diane I can't think of anything to brighten this situation. It's like trying to say one good thing about cancer, or bankruptcy, even hell. I feel bad for anyone who has to go through this or already went through this. It's just insane Diane."

     " Well Bill, this situation is nothing like having cancer or being bankrupt. I mean I'm not the only one who rather be bankrupt than go through what Nathalia may be going through. If she isn't dead, then let's pray she doesn't turn up that way. Again, Nathalia if you are watching this you are most certainly in my prayers."