Chapter 15

I heard him return to the living room, and he removed the blindfold. The light burned my eyes and made them water. I closed them for a few minutes trying to relieve the pain, when I opened them, tears streamed down my face. He used the collar of his shirt to wipe them. I glared at him, trying to look intimidating. He picked up a plate from the table and started hand feeding me pizza rolls.
"What the hell is wrong with you." I said, I wasn't scared, but I knew I would be soon, with the way he drank nightly.
"What do you mean?" He said, picking up another for me to eat. I was starving, so I ate anyway.
"You are an asshole. A psychopath."
"Pick one baby."
"You are a psychopath."
"What makes you say that?"
"Can you stop?" I said, turning my face away from the food he was giving me.
"Stop playing stupid and acting like this is nothing. When the cops find out something is fishy you'll be taken to jail."
"No I won't."
"Yes you will?!"
"No. I. Won't. They won't find out. We can just continue our lives here no questions asked."
"What happened to jack?" I asked, taking another bite.
"Don't worry about it, you don't belong to him anymore you belong to me now. Again."
"I don't belong to anybody." I said. He froze and looked at me.
"Jack is fine. He's probably at his house now."
His house? He means our house.
"What makes you say that?"
"It's what I told him to do."

This book will be on pause as of January 9th. I am currently working on another book I just published. Please check it out if you're interested!